“Good Food, Great Atmosphere, Avoid The Live Show”
Review of Bobo KL

Bobo KL
Ranked #245 of 5,092 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Description: Dining Room, Gin Bar & Piano Lounge
Description: Dining Room, Gin Bar & Piano Lounge
Reviewed 1 week ago

Whilst the table was small, the staff were welcoming, accommodating and friendly. I had the polenta fries whilst I was waiting for my friend, and whilst they were tasty, they had overdone it on the truffle oil a touch. For starters, we had the Salmon Crudo - tasty but nothing special, and the Foie Gras - not the finest I've ever had, but very tasty nonetheless. I do wish the bread provided was better quality. For the main, I had the Risotto - beautifully laid out and tasty, but sadly once again overdoing the truffle oil, and my friend had the Duck - delicious.
The show started after dinner in an upstairs room. While we were expecting some nice jazz, instead we had some rather archaic expat being a little patronising and a little racist like some comedy singers that might be sent out to entertain the troops in the first world war. The songs were bawdy (which I don't mind), the jokes were awful (in a bad way) and the singers' voices did not match. The lady was was better than the man, but not really worth going to see. We left at the interval. It was a sad ending to a lovely evening.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Staff was very attentive & even got a comp dessert because we were celebrating a birthday. Generous portions too.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

One of several restaurant on Jalan Bangkung with common owners. The restaurant upstairs is fine dining while the more casual one downstairs has a simpler and more local menu. The atmosphere is always lively and the delicious food makes this one of my favourites. For late night diners there is also live entertainment on the top most level with a hivey bar.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I held my wife's 50th Birthday party for 25 people here early August (apologies for the late review). Anna organized the entire party for me and event ran like clockwork. All I have to do was to sign the credit card slip.The food was excellent, there was plenty to go around and even the babies had an excellent event. No doubt, I'll be using BoBo for our next celebration. Thank you so much for the wonderful time and destressing me along the way.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I had dinner on a tuesday night so fairly quiet although it can get busy on weekends as they have live music/performances upstairs.
We had the wagyu beef burger (amazing) duck carbonara (delicious) and the norwegian salmon (out of this world). Not to mention the lava cake purse (to die for). Service was great, prices slightly above average...but so so worth it as every dish was well balanced and perfection..i would hv licked the plate if i could. On weekdays a perfect place for a quiet and cosy dinner. I have recommended this place to everyone i know and will definitely be back for that wagyu burger...