“One of the best on the Island”
Review of Blue Sea Divers

US$215.59*
Multiple Diving Packages Seychelles
Ranked #5 of 12 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Blue Sea Divers Centre (certified FFESSM, CEDIP, PADI AND CMAS) is ideally located at the very heart of the action right on Beau Vallon Beach, near the marine reserve, and enjoys access to the most beautiful dive sites of the island. We organize Diving Cruises in the Inner Islands on board our Liveaboard Galatea.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 30 December 2016

I have been diving for the past 16 years and I will definitely say that Big Blue is one of the best Diving Centre on the island, they have a very good team who will take very good care with you, tips: Always plan the Dive and Dive the plan. See you at Big Blue.

1  Thank stevenR6867FD

Reviewed 10 December 2016

Relax, pro and friendly team.
Idea dive center for discovering Seychelles underwater.
They organize four rotations per day.
Perfect divemaster. Thanks Rachid for your friendly attitude.

1  Thank julianbone
Reviewed 22 November 2016

There are 440 dives in my log book. I've dived all over the world. This is one of the worst, if not THE worst. As I've said elsewhere on the Seychelles, the beaches above the water are stunning. But, as soon as you dip in, it's horrific.

Dive 1 was at Lilo Island. Just a short boat ride from Beau Vallon, this was a tiny island which we circled at about 15m. Reef was dead. There were like 8 fish. It was pitiful. And after spending thousands of dollars to be there, it represents the pinnacle of disappointment.

Dive 2 found us on some sort of reef on the way back to the dive shop. 19 minutes after being placed on a dead reef with little life at all, I saw one of the divers heading to the surface with the divemaster. The other two and I surfaced as we should. Back on the boat I expressed disappointment and was offered no explanation. Back at the shop, same thing -- no explanation, no apologies, just give us your money.

This dive center should be ashamed. They were unprofessional and unmotivated. The staff were completely disinterested in the clientele. Pitiful. In fact, PADI should be ashamed. And at 121 euros for these two dives, I considered never diving again. Anywhere.

Speaking with a German couple from the boat afterwords, they couldn't agree more: horrific. To be sure: skip this dive center. In fact, if SCUBA diving is your interest, skip the Seychelles. I hate to say it, but it's true. Seek diving elsewhere. Like Komodo, Sipidan, Palau or Micronesia. Just not the Seychelles.

5  Thank Doug H
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Firstly, its important to understand that dive centre standards do vary across the world and I have dived in lots of different countries so I am used to this. However, I do expect a boat crew to be able to sort out kit and equipment in a timely and efficient manner. Each time I went out with the crew we had at least 12 other divers on board and someone was always missing a piece of kit even though this had been organised at the dive centre before hand. Only one spare kit and no spare weights! On one dive our DM had to return to the boat to remove her wetsuit as she was so underweighted. There isn't a lot of room on the boat and it is a bit of a struggle to kit up without having to search around for missing fins or mask. That said, safety briefings and site briefings were very good and all DMs were knowledgeable and keen to point out a nice array of wildlife. Dive sites are varied and allow a good 60 minute dive time on each one - easy diving with reasonable visibility. The boat crew we had were quite young and spent a lot of the boat time talking to each other rather than interacting with their guests so didn't notice nervous divers but this will perhaps come with experience. The owners Liz and Gilli are very accommodating and it's well worth taking the time to look at Liz's photo gallery on the shop wall. Dive prices are very competitive but you will pay a bit more to dive in the marine park and for the longer boat rides. Kit is well maintained and mostly Mares so good quality and you get a 200 bar fill on your tank.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I dived there because it's the nearest diving club near the hotel we were. The team is friendly and professional. Since I didn't dive for several years I can't say something useful on the prices. The sites I dived were quit boring. I used to dive at the Red Sea in the past.