“Mixed reaction”

US$215.59*
Multiple Diving Packages Seychelles
Ranked #5 of 12 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Blue Sea Divers Centre (certified FFESSM, CEDIP, PADI AND CMAS) is ideally located at the very heart of the action right on Beau Vallon Beach, near the marine reserve, and enjoys access to the most beautiful dive sites of the island. We organize Diving Cruises in the Inner Islands on board our Liveaboard Galatea.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Was reasonably well taken care of. I flagged an equipment problem on the boat before leaving on the first dive, and it was quickly fixed. As my husband and I have fewer than 10 dives each, we were assigned an instructor, which was appreciated.

On the second dive, I had a very tense moment where i exhaled my breath normally, only to find that my reg was not working, and I could not draw air. Grabbed my back-up, and it would not work either. My husband was close by, and I was able to grab his back-up, and worked from there. Our instructor was close, and he then gave me his back-up, and we surfaced after our safety stop.

All in all, good staff support, but wish that the equipment had been in good order. I did not complete my second dive, was not offered any discount, and once at the surface, the staff did not acknowledge that anything had gone wrong. I did not ask for one as I did not want the battle.

The sites were good, and had the reg failure not happened, it would have been a great morning in heaven.

2  Thank nancylou528

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We (my wife and myself) booked two dives each.
Before the first dive, everyone was in a hurry, we did not even have time to do our buddy check. Which should be important and necessary for safety.
Because of this, we have realized that the cylinder is leaking. I had to change the BCD inside the water. This is ok.
However , when we were 18 m deep, our regulators were leaking, my wife's BCD was getting inflated on its own all the time and she had difficulties staying in place when a shark was nearby.

Shirley our guide maybe had a bad day, but she rarely was looking at us, she was going way ahead and I had to chase her to show that I'm out of air. It seems that for her this is just another job, she did not seem to care at all. I've been to a couple of dice centers, safety was important, our guides were always helpful and friendly, so this is the first time we have experienced this weird behavior. We did not take any time to do or logs either and this is the first time the guide just left us and went to eat. No everyone has dive computers. So far this was the worst experience when it comes to diving.
I was not in the mood to do the second dive and without asking the owner returned some money, so I was surprised. This is positive though.
In summary: you need to check the equipment and you need to talk some sense in the local crew. We experienced the same with some other locals as well, we felt that we are not welcome. Not everywhere, but locals behave in an odd way...

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

This one is hard to rate...
Reading through the very good and very bad I totally can see both just with a few dives with them...

First the good, definitely the owner Miriam and the foreign crew members, especially Muriel who are all very professional, charming, warm and attentive and make diving with them a joy. Also a plus is the Equipment which is rather new, and though I had a leaking reg (can happen) I see the Equipment generally in great shape. Also a big plus is the boat... somehow we were 14 divers but - not as on other boats - it did not feel too cramped. The boat is rather modern and very good on shape.

Then the not so good... unfortunately for me after giving it some thought - are the local crew members. They are so much more concerned about themselves than the guests. The guests to them seem to be in their way. An instructor today, although the full boat ready to depart with guests had to to go to the other boat to pull on a friends cigarette. Of course not causing much more of a delay but clearly shows the status of paying guests. Also, underwater the guide was more concerned to fill her own go pro and doing selfies rather than guiding. Back on shore, all local crew jump on the only car and disappeared to grab food. That guests are waiting to be brought back to the hotel really did not matter to them - so I walked back...

Reading though the negatives of others I really can only imagine that the bad experience was with local guides - I could not imagine this happening with the foreign ones, as mich as I hate writing this.

In a nutshell, I felt safe with them but mainly because I knew what I am doing. If I was new and with foreign crew I'd feels safe, too. If I were a beginner with local staff, I'd go for another shop - definitely!!

Its a pity, they really ruin the whole experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

As a solo female traveler/adventure seeker, I had two glorious days above and below the sea with Blue Sea Divers. Top notch service, total professionals and the nicest, warmest people I now consider friends showed me a wonderful time! From prepping my gear to showing me everything there was to see - even offering for me to grab a quick take out lunch with some of the team - everyone at Blue Sea Divers made me feel happy and at ease. Shout out to Manuela the amazing leader there and all the lovelies: Grace, Sean, Romeo and everyone else! Thanks and hugs from New York City!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Our first introduction to diving in the Seychelles and it wasn't a good one. Overall the employees were nice and the lovely woman who runs the shop is very easy to talk to and set us up for our 2 tank dive. That is where everything took a sharp turn for the worse. During our first dive the DM was grabbing on to sections of coral that are, or were, alive in order to point to things. This is simply not acceptable under any circumstance. A mere glance from a fin or even worse grabbing live coral will severly damage it and most often kill it eventually. There was very little if any current so this practice left both of us shaking our heads underwater. Dive two a short while later was on a reef flanked by sand patches. As we descended it became clear the staff put the anchor on the reef and missed the sand. Now to be fair this could have been a mistake but its a pretty big one. No one mentioned it and there was no recognition from the staff and no one underwater gently tried to remove it. We finished the dive and they hauled the anchor up as per normal with quite a bit of labor as it was firmly wedged in the coral. This is unacceptable.

One of the opening photos on their website shows a diver holding on to the reef and gives the impresion he is holding on to a small bit of coral while giving the 'ok' sign to the camera. Really? Even if he isn't actually holding on to it you simply can not give the impression to your customers, staff, or anyone else that this is an acceptable practice. There are zero excuses for touching, holding, or molesting and eventually killing the very animals we are paying to see and the future of your business...? I accept the anchor may have been a mistake but there was no corrective action taken. I am a DM and my wife an Instructor who has worked in the industry for many years. We were left shocked and silent as we rinsed our gear, paid our money, and walked away in utter disbelief.

Lets be clear. Mistakes are perfectly okay. I make them all the time. Recognize it, correct it, and learn from it. This is a pattern at this operator. It starts with the website, continues with the DM's and everyone else that learns from them, and will continue with any divers they train. This has to stop guys. Coral bleaching, finning, and commercial fishing do enough to diiminish our underwater world. We as divers must not contrubute to the decline. We are tasked with promoting and preserving it. At least we should be.

1  Thank Eddie231