The Manila Hotel
US$165
US$138
US$95
  • Pool
Red Planet Mabini(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$32
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$21
  • Restaurant
White Knight Hotel Intramuros(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$41
The Bayleaf Intramuros(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$53
Ramada Manila Central(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$67
Tropicana Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$55
1,623 results
All reviewscafe ilang ilangchampagne roomylang ylanggrand dameswim up barhistorical hoteldouglas macarthurgeneral macarthuroldest hotelrizal parkclassic hotelbreakfast buffetgrand lobbyfive star hotelhotel lobbychinese restaurantbay view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2018

After a hectic but fun reunion with family, friends and high school classmates(50th year Reunion!), I was ready to crash & enjoy my last two days at the prestigious Manila Hotel. I was impressed by the classic, glamorous ambience of the hotel that transported me back in the 1900s since it is the oldest premiere hotel in the Philippines built in 1909 & was opened on the commemoration of American Independence on July 4, 1912. Security was tight and I appreciated the safety priority. Checking in was moderately slow but thanks to Caitlin Toribio, a concierge staff offered to expedite my checking in. I guess I looked like someone ready to go to sleep on the floor! I was pleasantly surprised when I got a room at the 5th Floor between Jose Rizal suite, a Heritage suite & General Douglas MacArthur suite. He and his family resided in this suite for 6 years when he became the Military Advisor of the Commonwealth. Had a tour of the historic suite and it was quite informative. By 8pm I was ready to sleep but the outside concert noise by the grandstand was driving me nuts. I did understand that it was the eve of the Chinese New Year but I was sleep deprived for two weeks and I needed my sleep badly. I went down the lobby and asked for the Manager. I introduced myself to Mr. Jeffrey Lectura, the manager on duty and I explained to him my situation and asked for a room transfer for the next day. He was my knight in a shining armor! He offered to transfer me to another room that night but my sister was fast asleep & it would be a hassle to transfer.I misplaced my earplugs so I asked for cotton balls which was immediately delivered by the night nurse. I told Mr. Lectura that after breakfast the next day, I will be ready to transfer to another room. I was blown away when I found out that my new room was at the 16th Floor by the Rizal Park side! It has a breathtaking view of the city, quiet and serene. Just what I needed for my sleep therapy!! My request for a late check-out was granted which I really appreciated. Suffice it to say, I finally had a good night sleep thanks to Mr. Lectura!! My issue was not the hotel itself but the outside noise that hotel has no control over. Mr. Lectura understood my predicament and addressed the issue immediately!
Hotel staff customer service was excellent from the front desk, to the concierge( Kenneth Bermudo printed my boarding pass,helped me get a Grab ride to the airport, there was a lady concierge with him but I forgot to get her name. Kenneth escorted me to my ride, I was overwhelmed) housekeeping, room service(Bravo to the waiters) & Cafe Ilang Ilang buffet service, food was delicious!( Nino, the waiter was outstanding at our breakfast buffet).
I enjoyed my halo halo at the lobby lounge area while listening to the band's soothing classical music. I was in awe of the Filipino- Spanish touch of elegant chandeliers, narra wood ceiling, and marble floor.
It was quite a memorable, precious experience!

Stayed: February 2018
The Manila Hote... T, The Marketing Team at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Jecca,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experience here at The Manila Hotel. We are honoured that we were able to make your stay truly worthwhile and memorable for the years to come. Rest assured that we will forward this commendation to Mr Jeffrey Lectura and Kenneth Bermudo for their outstanding efforts to ensure that you and your guests are comfortable and at ease. We will also send this to our food and beverage team as this will surely inspire them even more to do their beloved tasks to greater heights. May we continue to write more noteworthy and wonderful stories every time you and your family wishes to stay here at the hotel.

We look forward to your future stay here at The Manila Hotel.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I think Manila Hotel has the most imposing lobby in the whole country. The moment you glimpse it, you will surely stop in your tracks, it is awesome. It is unfortunate that the awe-inspiring lobby is paired with a very dreary scene of the Manila harbor that greets you when you look out the window of your room. I hope that the harbor of Manila would be relocated to Batangas so that Manila Bay would become habitable and scenic instead.

I should have requested for a room with the city view. That way, I would be greeted by green and soothing scene of Intramuros, the walled-city of old Manila.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mark,

Thank you for sending us a feedback. We are glad that we were able to give you a wonderful experience here at The Manila Hotel especially with our grand Lobby. We will note down your request in our database system so that we can ensure that you will have the Intramuros facing rooms upon your next visit.

We look forward to your future stay here at The Manila Hotel.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

stayed at this hotel many years ago and again this month and this iconic hotel did not disappoint. Our stay stay began with hotel shuttle pick-up and employee was waiting for us in the arrival area of the airport, whisked to their airport waiting room where we were picked up by their shuttle. Our room was splendid, very clean with a comfortable bed and a sweeping view of the Manila Bay. Nightly turn down service was offered with chocolate offering which my wife enjoyed. Nice bathroom with separate tub and shower. The breakfast buffet is more than excellent with a lot of food choices and the filipino menu is changed daily. The dining room staff are wonderful...friendly and accomodating. Smiling faces adds tremendously to enjoyment of this place. The addition of native rice delicacies is more than greatly appreciated
We enjoyed the music at the lobby whether it s a pianist or a quintet playing....have several meals at the lobby lounge just to be near the music. The free shuttle to Robinson Place and MOA allowed us to enjoy the shopping and ..many food choices. All the service staff at the Manila Hotel are superbly trained at the Manila Hotel university by Mr. Sebastian!!! Feel very much at home and secure at this hotel, will keel coming back here and will recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the bay offers a beautiful view of the bay especially the sunset
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
The Manila Hote... T, The Marketing Team at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Mabuhay! Warm greetings from your iconic heritage hotel by the bay.

Dear Norberto,

Thank you for taking time to write us a beautiful feedback. We are honoured that we were able to offer you a memorable experience during your stay here at The Manila Hotel. Rest assured that your comments to our Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Hospitality Team and Mr Sebastian will surely be sent to them the soonest. Messages like these inspire us to do more and be more in everything that we do to ensure that you and our guests have a beautiful experience to keep in the future.

We are looking forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I had noticed that the hotel had an out of date Sanitary Permit certificate, which they removed when I mentioned to the Front Desk receptionist. However, the next day the certificate was back on the desk. I wonder what’s the purpose to display an expired permit “December 31, 2017”.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
The Manila Hote... T, The Marketing Team at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are pleased to inform you that The Manila Hotel has complied and passed the requirements of the City of Manila for the issuance of a new Sanitary Permit, which is currently being processed as we speak. While we are waiting for the new permit to be handed over, the city government requires that we keep the existing permit on display.

Hope this helps you in your query.

Thank you.

We look forward in welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

This hotel has been a landmark in the Philippines. You will see the history of the Philippines by simply looking at the history profile of the hotel and their room. They also have newly renovated rooms and buildings for an alternative ...
They have the grandest lobby in town with string quartet to serenade you every hour. The service staff are entertaining.
I love the Ilang ilang restaurant itself where food is good.

Stayed: January 2018
The Manila Hote... T, The Marketing Team at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Mabuhay!

Warm greetings from The Manila Hotel.

Dear Jenny, thank you for sending us a beautiful review. We are honoured that we were able to make your stay truly memorable especially with the hotel's Lobby, rich history, newly renovated facilities and our food and beverage outlets. Messages like these continue to inspire us to do more and be more in everything that we do.

We are looking forward to your future stay here at The Manila Hotel.