“The pictures are beautiful but ...”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 16 August 2012

In summary, I was not that ecstatic about the value. Price is expensive compared with what hotel offered and the entertainment options in Eastwood. The price is even at par with Makati hotels but Makati area is better in most aspects for business or vacation.

But if you absolutely must take a vacation or host a business guest within Eastwood, then you won't go wrong with this hotel.

Pros

- Lots and lots of interesting restaurants that you won't normally find in other Metro Manila malls

- Probably the most beautiful hotel in or near Eastwood Libis

- Dedicated parking underneath the hotel

- Good breakfast buffet (the bacon is always overflowing!)

Cons

- Expensive

- No supermarkets nearby. Ironically, being surrounded by bars, restaurants, shops and offices within the Eastwood area and the only walking distance grocery store available is a 7 Eleven.

- You may get altitude sickness. Eastwood is home to the tallest buildings in Metro Manila cramped beside each other. Outside, you will get dizzy looking around and up to the surrounding skyscrapers.

- Swimming pool common areas poorly maintained (at least during the night). Smells of pee.

- Adjacent mall is small; there are really no options

- No free internet (at those prices, they should provide you free internet, even if Wi Fi!)

Room Tip: Don't choose the upper floors. The view is not that great, plus they just sealed the sliding do...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aldwin_educ
adioso, Director of Communications at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear aldwin_educ,

We greatly appreciate your taking the time to write a review that details the aspects you liked and didn’t like about your stay.

It is unfortunate that you found “cons” as it is our aim to make the stay of all our guests more than just satisfactory—we would like it to be completely enjoyable. We regret that you feel our rates are expensive, but we assure you that these are quite reasonable considering our location and facilities. Re-evaluation of our internet access scheme with our provider is also in progress, in addition to a review of industry standards.

We likewise apologize if our pool section was not properly maintained during your stay. Please know that we have enforced a more effective process of upkeep for the said area.

Regarding your comments on the establishments surrounding the hotel, we are happy to inform you that a supermarket has already opened right in front of the hotel. Moreover, additional “bridgeways” linking the adjacent mall (Eastwood Mall) to the other mall (Citywalk Mall) will be available soon to make the nearby commercial establishments more accessible to hotel guests.

We hope that on your next visit, either for business or for leisure, your stay will be much more pleasant. The hotel management and staff shall look forward to welcoming and serving you again.

Annie Dioso
Director of Communications

There are newer reviews for Eastwood Richmonde Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed here for four nights on a business trip. On a first glance the hotel looks quite nice and it's obvious that it's still new (I was told they opened in Nov 2011). The more surprised I was when I got to my room. I had read about the mold and mildew smell before and I was disappointed to find it true. It was so extreme, that I felt really sick in the morning and demanded another room or else I would leave the hotel.

The staff was very cooperative and friendly (obviously I wasn't the first one to complain about this) and found me another room for the second night. It had the same problem, but it was too late to move elsewhere. The next morning I complained again and was given my third room in three nights. After one night with less smell coming from the room the problem got worse the last night, but then it didn't matter anymore so I had to stand it.

It is a pity as the hotel would actually be pretty nice with nicely-sized rooms and amenities, but the smell made it absolutely impossible for me to stay there not to speak of returning.

Another thing I hate is if you have to pay for an internet connection, which doesn't work. The connections speed was extremely slow and made it barely possible to work and check my emails.

On the positive side they did have a nice breakfast buffet with a variety of choices. I was told that they have a nice rooftop pool, which I couldn't check out myself. The surrounding area is quite nice with an attached shopping mall and nightlife area with many bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: I wouldn't know how. All rooms I had were smelly.
1  Thank ThePassenger26
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thank you so much for sharing with us through your review your experiences during your stay with us. The management and I extend our heartfelt apologies that your visit was not satisfactory because of the room transfers and slow internet connection you had to endure. We have conducted a thorough inspection of all our guest rooms and identified the few rooms with the odor problem you described. A comprehensive program to address the matter is already underway which we trust will resolve the issue.

Moreover, aside from reviewing our internet access policies, we are also working closely with our internet service provider to ensure speed and connectivity are improved significantly.

We understand how these incidents have prompted you to decide not to return to our hotel, however, we sincerely hope that you reconsider, and in the future be able to receive the delightful services we aim to provide all our guests.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Had a wonderful stay in March 2012. From the beautiful lobby, restaurants and rooms, I could not fault how wonderful this hotel is. Had friends come for lunch before the rest of my party arrived and the food was wonderful and reasonably priced. Very close to outside restaurants and shopping, which the girls enjoyed. Wonderful night's rest was had each night and highly recommended hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Located inside Eastwood City in Libis, along C5 road. Basically, Eastwood City is a small community where everything you need is just around the corner.

Stayed in Richmonde for 2 night and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. There were restaurants everywhere. Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Italian, American, Filipino, name it, they have it! They also have some restaurants that are open 24hrs. Night life was also fun! Met a lot of people who lives in Eastwood.

This hotel has an awesome location either for business or leisure.

1  Thank BMan888
Reviewed 1 August 2012

It is located near many restaurants. Pick a country and chances are you can find the food of that country nearby. You will not be bored with the same food if you are stuck for a while.
The room is average and the service is just average, not very consistent. They do not refill your complimentary coffee and tea everytime. The staff are generally helpful. I think it is more to do with the good natured people of the country. They have increased their prices and start to charge more since there are not many similar options around there.

1  Thank Michael Y
4.1 km away
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
5.9 km away
Microtel by Wyndham UP Technohub

Been to Eastwood Richmonde Hotel? Share your experiences!