“Its getting worse.”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

It took 10mins to get a glass of cold water. Another 10 mins for a small watermelon juice.
Their gyoza was chewy. Ribs? There was too many herb and sauce. It wasn't appetizing at all.
Good stuff. Eat a lot of ebi tempura, sashimi and bacon. I guess that's it.
Service? Poor. A lot of the crew were just standing and chatting in a corner.

1  Thank Ibrahim H

Reviewed 28 May 2016

There were 2 birthday celebrants and one graduate and we thought it was a very good deal for a party of 7. To our surprise, one of us, a 70-year old could get a 50% discount! It is a buffet of Japanese dishes and one can get whatever they like. And limitless drinks (including fruit juices). We were all contented. I especially liked the sukiyaki and the salmon and tuna sashimis which were the most popular. Overall, we were satisfied although the green tea ice cream did not seem to be the Japanese brand. The place was very full and so the waiters did not sing happy birthday to us (which we appreciated). The only downside is that there are only two restrooms (unisex and one cubicle only) one in the second floor where the restaurant is and the other in the first floor (reception area). These were not well cleaned.

1  Thank Malou B
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Yes, literally japanese overload because this is a buffet eat all you can restaurant, your tummy will quit on you. As usual, in any buffet, we avoid rice and other cheap food. They simply have no room in our stomach. First we start with ambience, its a modern zen type design restaurant. Full of warm lights. The place is for me is good, clean and premium. You would want to focus on these dishes : Tempura, bacon wrapped string beans, prawns that you yourself will cook, miso soup, beef teriyaki, yes a handful of maki, some beef sirloin, barbeque skewers and a whole lot more. Desserts include fruits and ice cream unlimited. Drinks are not included in the buffet and you need to order separately. So cares, water is free. Just indulge in ice cream, crepes etc. Overall exoerience is 9 out of 10. Crews will also sing happy birthday just request. :)

1  Thank Jkyle L
Reviewed 14 March 2016

It was my first time to eat at Sambo Kojin Eastwood after almost a year. My expectations were average because I know for a fact that the newly introduced carving station was only available on their Megamall branch. Quite frankly I expected an average experience based on the number of times I have visited this branch in the past.

But to my surprise, I was taken aback that this particular branch was now serving Japanese Sukiyaki freshly made and delivered to your table. I am a big fan of authentic Japanese Sukiyaki and as far as I can tell, their version was very near from what I know of the dish. The sweetness of the broth, coupled with very tasty beef sukiyaki cuts and vegetables was a very (VERY) welcome addition to Sambo Kojin Eastwood.

The other mainstays (fresh sushi and maki, grilling meats and fishes, etc....) were fairly average, nothing really to write home about.

Overall, I would have liked it better if a carving station was added to this branch to make it a more "complete" buffet experience.

1  Thank Popcorn_Daddy
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

I appreciate their polite way of saying things like the one shown n the picture, this is something better instead of saying "we will charge you for this and that if the food that you just took will not be consumed" something like that. :-/ thumbs up for this buffet. ^_^