“Great Value, Great Choice”
Review of Kimono Ken

Kimono Ken
Ranked #141 of 1,893 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Telephone + 63 2 928 1228
Description: Telephone + 63 2 928 1228
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The service is a little 'hit and miss' BUT the food is inexpensive and there's a great variety. Its a 'family' type of restaurant. There was 11 of us ranging from healthy eaters, overeaters Sushi lovers, and children - all found something on the menu to satisfy!
Some of the items on the menu even included a Sashimi with Spam!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

I consider this restaurant as a good Japanese restaurant with moderate prices. For example, California Maki is at Php160, shake (salmon) sashimi - Php 285, mixed tempura - Php 270, watermelon share - Php 90, San Miguel beer - Php80. Dishes are delicious and nicely presented. Try also their Kimonoken Salad and for dessert their mango ala mode and the usual green tea ice cream. Service is a bit slow during peak hours and waiters are inattentive. Restaurant is very tight and crowded so it may be wise to reserve your table. Restrooms are clean. Parking may be problem.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife had dinner last night in Kimono Ken's branch in Pasig, Rockwell Business Center, I can't find the actual location of the branch here in Trip Advisor so I'll just drop my reviews here.

We ordered the Miso Soup Ramen, Philadelphia Roll and the Spam Sushi.

This will be my 2nd time to eat at Kimono Ken, the first time I ordered the Shoyu Ramen but it didn't left any mark for me to comeback, so the 2nd time was last night and I must say I like the Miso Ramen more than their Shoyu Ramen, the broth is very rich and creamy the Ramen noodles is al dente, few thing I really don't like is the green bean sprout in their Ramen, I love bean sprout it's just that I'm not a fan of bean sprout in Ramen, the chinese cabbage's are not cut very neatly there are big portions and small portion of the cabbage something that shows inconsistency, I understand that Kimono Ken is not a Ramen Shop but I would expect consistency something that Japanese are very known for. I also don't like carrots in Ramen, I love carrots but I feel that if you put Carrots in Ramen it's like an Ordinary Noodles Soup already. Please put new toppings in your Ramen something that makes it more Japanese.

The Philadelphia Roll is something I really love to eat the rice, the perfectly cooked salmon and the Cream Cheese with the dipping white Sauce Compliments each other to give me a very memorable taste, I did not include the crab stick because I ask my wife to remove it because of my allergy to seafood hehe

The Spam Sushi I really love, I know it's just spam, Sushi Rice and Nori Sheet but it became my instant favorite, I can't remember the last time I ate Spam so when I saw this in the menú i quickly ask my wife to order it.. hehe..

Overall I like my 2nd Visit to Kimono Ken, if you ask me to comeback and eat here again, i'll surely order the Philadelphia and Spam Sushi (the spam sushi has a different name in the menú i just forgot the name, anyone who want's to order it, you will know once you see it).

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Whenever i get this strong longing for Japanese food, my go to place is Kimono Ken in Tomas Morato, Quezon City.

I love their seafood Ramen and their makis. A friend of mine had Kani Salad and she wished that it had mangoes in it. So pleaseeeee pleaseeeee, Kimono Ken, consider having ripe mangoes in your Kani salad.

I also love their tempuras and their beef maki.

Overall, the food is great and not too pricey. The place is cozy and not too noisy. Parking could be a challenge when its full but they have valet services to help you find parking slots.

Great value for money, great food.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

I had a great meal in this Jap resto. I liked their Spicy Maguro (tuna with salmon roe) sushi, that I ordered two! Coffee is just right. Miso ramen is also good to try. Their salmon and tuna sashimi is just about average.
Overall, our lunch was a pleasant one. And it's affordable! I was surprised their prices are low.