“Great value for your money”
Review of Sambo Kojin

Sambo Kojin
Ranked #86 of 1,909 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Expected the average food and service since their lunch rate wasn't that pricey. But considering the amount of gushing my friend had over this place, we finally decided to visit.

Food - G. R. E. A .T. The foil yaki and bacon rolls selection were very tasty. My favorite were the mahi-mahi, kani, and cheese rolls. I could tell the seafood were fresh too. Their sushi and sashimi were some of the best I've had, plus that kamameshi and of course, the hitsugi rosuto!! Oh, I could name everything I loved about the place, but that would take up all the space for this review. LOL

Service - Above average. The staff who waited for us was very helpful and quick. She was consistently patient up until we finished up as well.

Overall, I would surely go back and recommend the place to my friends. I quickly looked up the buffet chain if there was one available in Cebu where I live, but I wasn't so lucky. Well at least I have something to look forward to whenever I'm in Manila :)

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Sambo Kojin is a part of the country's pioneer chain of buffet restaurants. It exclusively offers authentic Japanese and Korean dishes which include an impressive, mouth-watering line of sushi and sashimi. Each table features a smokeless grill and there's a long display of fresh pork, beef and seafood where you yourself can pick what you want to cook. Don't know how to cook? - No problem because you can request any of the numerous staff to do it for you. Luscious desserts, a chocolate fountain, ice cream, fresh fruits, cakes, and many other choices are available to cap your meal. And with bottomless drinks (shakes, juices, soda) to boot, you truly get your money's worth.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

My aunt was celebrating her 65th birthday this year, so as a treat, her children invited the whole family to Sambo Kojin. To be honest, I don't see the hype. Most of the dishes were average, though the fact that we had to grill added a much-needed oomph to the whole experience. Their takoyaki was to die for, though. You can request a plate from the people situated beside the tempura station. Make sure to take note of your table's number since they would ask for it. After that, you can just go back to your table and wait for your piping hot plate of takoyaki. :D

Setting the topic of food aside, I can say that the star of our dining experience was the staff. They went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Also, the part wherein they sang and danced for my aunt was adorable. They were terrific dancers. You could see how they were enjoying working there and it was such a wonderful sight to behold.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Great food value for the price. Great service too. A must go restaurant if you are celebrating your birthday.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We entered the resto at exactly 11 AM. That is where you will see the full set of foods. It was not only a meal of our tummies but also for our eyes. The staff were also accommodating and very friendly when it comes to greeting birthday celebrants.