“Great Mexican Cuisine and Great Service!”

Casa Torres Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

I am from Texas and used to great Tex Mex, so I was a little apprehensive about trying Mexican food in Asheville. Casa Torres was right up there with some of my favorite Tex Mex restaurants in Dallas. I ordered a cheese enchilda and spinach enchilada with rice and beans and a side of guacamole. Everything was wonderful! My husband ordered a margarita and the chicken and sour cream enchiladas. He managed to eat everything on his plate and some of my dinner I was too full to finish. We both thought the margarita was too sugary though. Our server Ivan was very friendly and did a great job! We will be back!

Reviewed 11 September 2016

A quiet, hidden away restaurant nearly overshadowed by Cracker Barrel and Carrabba's. The steak fajitas are at their tasty best here and service is far better than average. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

This appears to be a standalone, family-owned restaurant despite the glossy color menu. Rather than same-old same-old tired Mexican food, Casa Torres offers a fresh take, starting right from the complimentary chips-and- . . . um, no, not salsa, but a nice, lightly piquant bean dip instead. My wife had the "shrimp cocktail," which had a dozen or more large good-size shrimp in a tomato-based sauce (sweet for my taste, but my wife loved it). It was plenty for a meal. I had the chicken-and-bacon plate, which was delicious. I'm not sure the perfectly roasted cubes of fresh tomato were even listed in the menu description.

For a quick, filling meal in the airport neighborhood, if you shy away from chains, I'd recommend Casa Torres. Atmosphere is friendly but utilitarian. Bathrooms could use a fresh coat of paint and maybe an overall upgrade (they were clean), so I won't give them five stars. But the staff was friendly and efficient, and you won't leave hungry.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

My friend and I have lunch there each Tuesday and have done so for over a year. We have been very impressed with how tasty the food is, the generous portions, and the very friendly wait staff. The prices are also very reasonable. It is conveniently located right next to I-26. I do not believe that you will be disappointed!

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We were staying at a hotel close by and decided to go here for dinner. We were not disappointed. The food was great and the service just as great. My favorite part was the salsa bar which has a pretty good selection of salsa.