“Surprise Gem of a Restaurant”

Ketch 55 Seafood Grill
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Avon
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: Diner, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 8 June 2018

From the outside it may not look like much but Ketch had some of the best food we've had in the Outer Banks. We went for my birthday and all of us loved our meals (and our drinks - the fresh fruit mojito was amazing!) We also loved the options as most places around here just have fried and steamed seafood and not much else. My salmon came with an amazing mushroom risotto, the raw tuna appetizer was incredibly flavorful, my mom loved the pesto crusted fish, and my dad's scallops were cooked perfectly. This place has a laid back atmosphere with high end food - definitely recommend to anyone visiting Avon.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

This is the only restaurant on the Outer Banks that my wife and I decided to dine for dinner twice during our recent week long vacation. The food and service was excellent with a very comfy ambience. The scallops, shrimp, and oysters were prepared perfectly. The fried chicken is also quite tasty. Great variety on the menu with something to please most every appetite. If you are a fan of oysters on the half shell and don't want to shuck them yourself...get them here...fresh and delectable!

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

This is our second time eating at Ketch 55 Grill and good is as awesome as it was two years ago. Tried smoke tuna dip that was out of this world. The mussels in red curry sauce is a must try. Great service

Reviewed 18 May 2018

My wife and I went to Ketch for the second time in May 2018 for a birthday celebration. We both ordered the Red Drum entree special that night, and it was phenomenal. Pesto Crusted red drum over linguine with PEI mussels, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese in a white wine sauce. The meals were very well prepared, nicely filleted (fresh, clean, and no bones!), artistically plated, but most importantly, tasted fantastic! Am looking forward to trying more on their menu.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Admittedly we stopped here as a second choice, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent across the board, and the service and atmosphere was very cozy. Definitely one of the better restaurants in Avon.