“A high level of attention to interior design and gracious hosts.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Winfield Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Walking in the door of the Winfield B&B it felt like going to visit grandparents that happen to own a beautiful, expertly appointed luxury home. As with past stays, I took the large downstairs suite. During my first visit, I found the upstairs rooms to be a little noisy, one of the drawbacks with the easy-access location.

Since I’d arrived late on my first night and had a very early dinner, the owner prepared a nice snack plate for me. That, along with a selection from the refrigerator, was a very good start to my visit.

The one issue with the downstairs suite (for some people) might be that I could sometimes hear the breakfast preparation beginning. For me this wasn’t a problem, it reminded me of when I was a kid and would be woken up by the sounds and scents of life and impending good food! The breakfasts are not to be missed! I stayed five days and enjoyed every one of the meals. I loved the refreshingly formal settings and of course the wonderful dining area itself. Loved it.

I’m already trying to think of excuses to return to the area so I can stay at the Winfield B&B one more time. An easy 4.5-stars out of five, enjoy.

Room Tip: Garden Suite is the quietest and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 August 2016

We were fortunate to stay in this beautiful B&B on our way up to the Northeast. As B&B owners ourselves (Long Mountain Lodge in Dahlonega, GA) we especially enjoy staying at B&Bs as much as we can while traveling. It's always a learning experience. This is a very special place for many reasons: Number one reason is we used to live in this home 35 years ago (at the time it was not a B&B but a fabulous home to raise our children and even a little farming)! Sally and Bill have maintained the character of this beautiful Victorian. The hospitality, gourmet breakfast, decor, and cleanliness made for a perfect overnight stay. We look forward to going back. We stayed in the East Room (was our 2 daughters' bedroom when we lived there many years ago). Definitely a 5 star experience

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grandmaq8
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

This place is so beautiful, clean and accommodating. The grounds are well kept but when you go inside the house your breath is taken away by the charm of the Inn.
Sally is amazing. She is well versed in many areas which makes for a great conversationalist. Breakfast is the best I have ever had at a a B & B. I only wish I could rate this place better than perfect!!!!

I will return.

K. Mares

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as a wknd getaway and to be close to Mohican. The place was so clean and beautiful! Owners Sally and Bill were so fabulous and welcoming! Sally made breakfast the next morning and it was wonderful. Absolutely no complaints about this place, everything was perfect!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2016

The Winfield Inn felt like staying with relatives (the great ones). Sally has the gift of hospitality and makes her home your home during your stay. From popcorn, cookies, snacks and a stocked frig, to her sweet disposition, you will feel right at home. The garden or master suite has a sitting area surrounded by windows with a patio out the french doors. Great outdoor patio seating area that's perfect for enjoying the shaded gardens. Breakfast is the highlight, not only delicious, but so relaxing and such an enjoyable experience. Don't stay in a hotel when you have the opportunity to stay here. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Sally!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family