“Takena Landing Park”

Takena Landing Park
Ranked #11 of 26 things to do in Albany
Reviewed 18 November 2017

This a a great place to grab a burger/taco and sit by the river - rain or shine and watch the river - lots of water activity in the summer or winter. I'd recommend going with someone - sometimes homeless people frequent - nice bathrooms.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

The walk is so pretty and there are some huge old trees. Peaceful and relaxing. You have an amazing view of the Willamette River and the trails are clean, clear of debris and easy to walk on.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Takena landing has a boat launch, picnic tables and a lawn for just relaxing and taking in the view of the river ( we went there to watch trees floating by after a deluge) and there's a nice patch for walking that takes you past the golf course. There are also bathrooms. It's a peaceful city park, under the bridges on the north side of the Willamette River..

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Last week, following unusual hectic events, I found myself driving over to Takena Landing Park. I sat at the picnic table with a book, sitting in the sunshine, while frequently glancing up and quietly watching the river flow. It was a wonderful time to spend an hour of quiet reflection.

There is good parking spaces available in the lot, and at the time there were only three other cars parked there. I am assuming people were enjoying the trail that goes alongside the river.

This is a special place, that I find I will take advantage again. So very lucky that Albany has this location to us here in Linn and Benton counties.

Enjoy~

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2016

This park has so much to offer. I often just like to take a book and read in my car by the river on a rainy day. If it is a good day their is a 3.5 round trip level nature trail that is beautiful in any season and boarders the Willamette River to the south and a golf course to the north. Runners,walker and dogs on leashes can all be found on a typical day. The city also has installed a disc golf course that meanders through the wooded areas from the entrance off Hwy 20 to the large parking lot. I the summer you can launch a kayak or motor boat from the dock and take the view in from the river.