Review Highlights
Oklahoma-play

My significant other planned a weekend away to go see his daughter in the play Oklahoma. What an... read more

Reviewed yesterday
lulagirl2016
Streamwood, Illinois
Ashland and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival are magical

My heart and mind awaken my spirit to prompt a visit to a place I love. Ashland's theater district... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Doug M
Tacoma, Washington

Recommended experiences in and around Ashland
from US$99.00
from US$80.00
from US$89.00
from US$89.00
1,511 results
All reviews backstage tour elizabethan theatre romeo and juliet king lear merry wives of windsor box office julius caesar angus bowmer theater great theatre open air shakespeare festival world class top notch year after year high quality high school first rate
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The Elizabeth outdoor theater is lovely. Not a bad seat in the house. It makes for a beautiful night outside in the summer months. The concession stands have snacks, drinks, beer, and wine. Diverse group of attendees and plays. The theater is built on a hillside, next to OFS other three indoor theaters. The tickets can be purchased online or at the box office. The OFS is popular and it may be best to plan ahead of time.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Unless you are adventurous and don't mind off beat theater, stick with the Shakespeare plays. This is their bread and butter of course. Plays like The Odyssey ---- lousy. Saw it in the outdoor theater this summer and people next to me, and in front of me fell asleep. Funny though when the play was over they jumped right up and clapped. I think they were glad the play was over. Fantastic venue and the experience is fun in and of itself.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Wonderful venue! Classic entertainment year after year. Professional performances with a modern application each year.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first time back to Ashland in 20 years. Sorry we waited so long to return. It did not disappoint. The selections were wide ranging and we saw The Odyssey, Julius Caesar and UniSon. We enjoyed all of them but we were particularly moved by UniSon. We are August Wilson fans and this production did him justice.

1  Thank 582jh
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I stayed at the bars inn and it was only a short walk to the festival. and i absolutely loved the festival. i went and seen the Henrys, the odyssey and Julius cezar the casts were great and they did a wonderful job portraying the characters.