“Fab sake list and innovative sushi rolls”
Review of Kobe

Kobe
Ranked #59 of 171 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Had dinner there; easy to get 7:30 rez. Requested special sashimi platter and small tastings of Daiginjo sakes to help us decide which we liked best (did not have the ones we were most familiar with). All were good and two were GREAT!! Did not order any of their amazingly creative custom rolls (not eating much rice to help reduce CHO intake). Service was friendly and efficient, Nice wine list too. Will eat there again next year when we return to Ashland. Prices tend to expensive, if you order expensive sake and many fish courses. Otherwise. moderate.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Kobe is our go-to when we visit Ashland!! The menu is the best - very creative dishes, beautifully prepared, great service!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I was in Ashland enjoying some plays at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. I was in the mood for Sushi, so researched sushi places with good Happy Hours. I chose Kobe based on the reviews, and was especially excited to try a roll I had read about. I even read how the HH was popular so try and get there right at 5:00. I did, but I was the first one there. I enthusiastically said I had come for their happy hour, but they said they didn't have a happy hour menu anymore, but that I could order off the bar menu if I sat at the bar or outside (which was chilly.) I should have left right then, but thought I'd give it a shot. The specialty roll I had read about was not available on the bar or regular menu, and I wondered if the restaurant was under new management, especially with happy hour being eliminated. I ordered a glass of white wine, which was a very small pour for $6.00. I also ordered a shrimp hand roll for $8.00 and hazelnut prawns for $11.00, off the bar menu, so my total was $25. The hand roll was pretty good, but the prawns had so many hazelnuts on them that the shrimp flavor was lost. I went away still hungry and very disappointed at my expensive, UNhappy hour meal.

1  Thank sassysteph
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Their Sushi is okay. The location is pretty by the creek, but it is crowded. The service is a bit snobby.

1  Thank Asha B
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Kobe has long been one of our top go-to places in Ashland, Oregon for dinner. We love to sit outside on the balcony for dinner in the late summer and early fall. Our favorite roll is the Skydiver; I ask for mine with diced fresh jalapeño. We love their delicious brewed peach tea.

Been to Kobe? Share your experiences!