“great staff, good baked good but a bit expensive”

Four and Twenty Blackbirds Bakery
Ranked #5 of 5 Bakeries in Ashland
Price range: US$2 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Four & Twenty Blackbirds is Ashland’s original artisan bakery hand making high quality pies, cakes, cookies, and pastries for over 20 years. All items are made from scratch, the old fashioned way using many organic and local ingredients. Our baked goods contain no hydrogenated oils or preservatives. We are proud to be available only at locally owned and independently operated grocery stores, coffee shops and restaurants. Call to place an order or look for our fresh baked cookies, muffins, turnovers, pies, and cakes at the Ashland Food Co-op and Shop ‘n Kart. Call for current hours.
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I arrived as they were closing but owner was very accommodating. Not much left but what he called turnovers but I would fruit pocket pies. They were delicious but a bit on the pricey side.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

When it comes to pie, I am picky because I used to own a restaurant and bakery that served 28 kinds every day. It is rare for me to even try pie while I travel given most of the time it is a huge disappointment and ends up being discarded. Why waste the calories!

I must say, had my husband been with me, I wouldn't have shared with him. I had the Strawberry Rhubarb Turnover; it was perfection. Just the right amount of tartness to remind you that you are eating rhubarb. The crust was crisp and flaky and had a great flavor. I had to stop myself from going back in for a second one.

If I lived in Ashland this would be a regular stop for me. Why bother baking when you can go here! I am just sad I couldn't try other things, but I will be back in June and July. Four and Twenty will be my FIRST stop.

1  Thank Von S
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We discovered this bakery at the Tuesday Grower's Market in Ashland. After consuming a berry turnover, we were hooked. We visited the bakery and bought more.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Knowing that blackberry( or more specifically Marionberry) pies were in season, I did a search on-line for best Marionberry pie in Ashland and came up with this gem of a bakery. Cute little place playing very interesting music softly, a friendly baker....and most importantly a perfect little 2 person pie. Light and flavorful crust, not too sweet. And the filling was the perfect mix of tart and sweet. I can't speak about other items but from the quality of the pie, I'd gladly eat anything here.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

A tiny, narrow building. Not a place for a big get-together, unless there is a room I don't know about. Great for couples or a quick time out for one person. Great little pies, both in the pan and personal, hand-held pies! I couldn't eat the latter in one sitting! Loved the berry pie!