“Best teriyaki chicken I have ever had.”

Bonsai Teriyaki Sushi Bar
Ranked #63 of 165 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: In the Gateway District of Ashland.
Description: In the Gateway District of Ashland.
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Even though we live within a mile of this restaurant we didn't go because I was afraid of sushi. Finally we stopped in after a rough day of shopping a few months ago and I discovered that sushi isn't as bad as I thought. In fact I kind of like it. Tried the teriyaki chicken with jasmine rice on the second visit and the Bento boxes on our third. Now we go there every weekend and some weekday lunches because the food is so good. Everyone is friendly and smiling and you can watch your sushi being made if you get it to go. It isn't cheap but the portions make it worth the price. There isn't a lot of space inside, more like a diner, but there is outdoor seating. And unlike some places the to go portions are the same generous size as dine in. This is definitely a local's favorite and ought to be a favorite for visitors as well.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Love this local's favorite! The sushi is fresh and service is always with a smile. Portions are quite generous and lots of variety on the rolls. My favorite is the Udon soup in the winter and the Spanish roll in the summer months. Nothing fancy about this place but sometimes a great little diner is just what you're looking for!

Reviewed 5 August 2016

We made a reservation due to our large party and were seated upon arrival. It wasn't very busy. We ordered and our food came in an adequate amount of time. It was okay at best, but 1/2 our food was never delivered. We ordered food for our kids ,a sushi roll, and potstickers that just never came. I would never eat here again. The food was mediocre and the service was terrible. When we got our check we had to ask 3 times to get the food we never received taken off the bill.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Very good sushi and service, whether you dine in the restaurant or take out your order. The chicken and salmon Bento boxes are excellent and a really good value.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

It was my first time eating here as a birthday treat from my friend. And I loved it! Couldn't make up my mind which one to order cause they all looked so tempting! We finally ended up having a Beef Bento Box and Bi Bim Bap and they were both really good!! This is one of the few Asian restos that I immediately liked!