“Good and inexpensive Japanese food”

Mihama Teriyaki Grill
Ranked #89 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 1 December 2015

This is a no frills Japanese restaurant. You go in, order and pay first, then take your place setting and find a table. When the food is ready, the waitress brings it out to you. The ingredients used are very good. I had the chicken katsu, which is chicken in panko batter and deep fried. You can get a plate which includes a salad or steamed vegetables with the chicken over white or brown rice. You can just get it over rice which is cheaper but does not include the salad or vegetables. I got the plate. The chicken was all white meat and very good. There was a good portion of steamed vegetables that was cooked just right, not over done. My wife had the fried tofu plate, which also was very good. The tofu was non-gmo. She got the salad which had fresh lettuce and sesame dressing, and it was delicious. We both got our dishes over brown rice, which is a nice choice to have in a Japanese restaurant. The service was very friendly and quick, but we went there when it wasn't very crowded. The place is clean and utilitarian, nothing fancy, but the quality of the food and the inexpensive prices make it a very good choice for simple dining.

Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

Food is just average for me..like if you're too bored to think and it doesn't matter what you wanna eat. Meh. There's no ooh-la-la factor that would make me want to come back over and over again.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Simple Asian fare. Order and pay at the counter, leave when finished eating. Go and sit down and their polite, efficient wait staff will bring your order to you. Simple comfortable surroundings, ample servings, nothing fancy, but you get more than you pay for.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

A casual setting for dining with great food, and Godzilla kitsch. Seemed to have a lot of locals, which to me is always a good indicator. I had a chicken teriyaki dish which was excellent. My wish to have a chicken combo with tempura wasn't possible though without ordering a full 2nd meal; I asked but was told they didn't offer even a smaller tempura side dish. They lost a larger sale here which seemed unaccommodating. Value was good though. I'd definitely come back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

I ate at Mihama several times during my visit to Ashland. The food is fresh and served piping hot! I had the teriyaki beef and had the Udon Noodle soup several times. Always very good!