“Good service”

Mihama Teriyaki Grill
Ranked #81 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 7 September 2017

You order at the counter and they bring it to you. We had Teriaki Chicken plate which comes with salad. Good size serving with dressing already mixed in salad

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We were craving rice plates and found this teriyaki grill. It is order and find a table. They bring your order to you. We were pleasantly surprised with the portions and the price. We had the chicken teriyaki, salmon teriyaki and Udon noodle soup. They were all great. They-re only open on the week days so, we were disappointed because we wanted to eat there again on a Sunday but they were closed. Great place for quick teriyaki grill.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

First, the good stuff: The food is edible. There’s plenty of it. It’s inexpensive. The help is pleasant, attentive and courteous. Order miso soup, it is exemplary, very nicely seasoned and has good flavor.
Unfortunately, the good is outweighed by the bad:
Rice was undercooked, stiff, grainy and unpalatable. It doesn’t improve with soy sauce. This is inexcusable for any oriental restaurant. I can’t explain how they let this happen unless they didn’t taste test it.
Sautéed chicken, described on the menu as spicy, wasn’t well prepared. The meat was a thinly sliced half breast. Chicken prepared in this way needs to be well marinated. My piece wasn’t. It was bland, slightly overcooked and dry. I considered adding my own pepper sauce. Dipping it in accompanying sauce helped but didn’t salvage this entrée.
Steamed vegetables were tasteless. Adding some herb or seasonings may help.
My companion ordered tempura vegetables which she described as oily and tasteless.
We are sorry not to recommend Mihana but there’s just too much good competition.

1  Thank TnisFan
Reviewed 26 February 2017

The food is consistently tasty. Their hours are a bit strange though and the service is lackluster. The staff isn't rude or unfriendly, just forgettable; however, the food almost entirely makes up for the lack of atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Located right across from SOU, Mihama's offers a simple menu loaded with tasty, healthy items. My wife loves the burgers, which are available with a fantastic gluten-free bun. For me, the fish burgers are the best I've ever tasted anywhere.