“Nice Thai fusion in Ashland”
Review of Thai Pepper

Thai Pepper
Ranked #23 of 165 Restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Not what you would find in the average Thai restaurant. Good take on Tiger Crying, very perfectly cooked flank steak, nice combination. Chicken Satay was good, kid's noodle dishes were pretty good as well. We were seated downstairs next to the window overlooking the creek, service was excellent and the food was very good, if a bit pricey. Ashland is lucky to have this place.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

My husband and I ate here at my request as I love Thai food while my husband is not the biggest fan. My Yellow Country Curry was so good, a good portion too. My hubby actually quite enjoyed his Pad Thai, which was great!
Our waitress was so nice and helpful, I wish I knew her name! It was our first night in Ashland and she answered all our questions and offered some great advice for things to do and see in the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

despite the fact that this restaurant advertised it was open until 10p on a Monday, when we showed up right after 9p (famished) we were told that nothing was available on the vegetarian menu except for appetizers.

maybe i shouldn't have written this review (the draft beer was good, served before they informed us that the vegetarian menu they gave us was actually of no use…), but i feel they could have been more explicit with their on-line listing so that we wouldn't have wasted our time while scrambling around trying to find something open for dinner at that time in a smallish town (or maybe could have informed us when we asked for the vegetarian menu that nothing was available except for appetizers - before we'd ordered our beers…). in my opinion, if a place is open until 10p, that means they will sit you and serve you until that time, then pick up the pieces whenever you leave. to advertise a time of closing at 10p and then not provide an essential service close to one hour prior to closing seems like poor organization.

Caveat - nisi reduxero appetitu!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

My wife and I were away together and ate here. The food was good, but by far the best part was our waitress. We had lost of questions about Ashland and she was so kind and thoughtful. She answered all our questions and was one of the best waitresses we have ever had! We really enjoyed ourselves here at Thai Pepper.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

We were actually on our way to another restaurant when we passed this one and decided to try it, as we'd been having the same contemporary American food for more than a week now on this trip. The restaurant is quite big, decor is contemporary and not particularly Thai themed, with black tables and chairs with cushioned seats, and served contemporary Thai food. Seating inside is quite comfortable, tables well spaced apart. It wasn't too busy when we arrived so we chose to sit by the window, with view of Main Street. There are two outdoor sections as well, one below street level and one on a deck. The lower one had better ambience but was full and the deck was too bare, would be a more desirable seating area if they'd decorated it with more plants or flowers. Anyway, the food was good. We had the Thai spring rolls, spicy sauce batter fried fish, and yellow curry with shrimp and pineapple. Everything was delicious and order came quickly and piping hot. Service was courteous and attentive. Price on the high side. Appetizers are $10 and entrees around $19. One thing they could improve, was to not use plates that are chipped. One of our dishes came on a square plate that was very cute in design, but the whole presentstion was marred by the chipped corners of the dish. Overall, it was a satisfying meal and we were glad that we decided to have Thai food for a change - not to mention it's just a block away from where we were staying, Plaza Inn and Suites at Ashland Creek, so couldn't have been more convenient.

Been to Thai Pepper? Share your experiences!