“Everyone loved it (but me)”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Piero's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Soups
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I guess sometimes we just don't order the right thing. We took my mother and sister and her husband out for dinner here. Everyone was very happy with their choices. Prices reasonable, quantity very good, flavors great. My husband was over thrilled with his stuffed calzone! Lots of meat for this meat lover! He did a "make your own". My sister and I ordered the tuna salad plate. It comes with a tuna steak on top of greens and veggies that you can choose what you want. Unfortunately I ordered a well done tuna steak which came underdone and raw in the middle. I hate complaining!!! But, my sister and her husband insisted I tell them, so I did. I took out the parts that were underdone and waited while they cooked another tuna steak. In the meantime I ate the rest of the salad and when I was about finished the tuna steak finally arrived. It was also not done, but we were finished with our meal. I took it with me and ate it with other salad another day. Next time I would order the calzone! Service was good and atmosphere very nice. My sister and her husband eat here often and have never had a complaint. So, I still say it is a good place to eat. Definitely not overpriced! A great value.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I've been here a handful of times over the last few years and never had a bad experience. My brother and I stopped in the other day for lunch after moving his furniture to storage. I never realized that there was a lunch buffet here... maybe it's new, I'm not sure.
There was three different pizzas, as well as pasta and roasted vegetables. Of course there was salad and breadsticks as well.
I very much enjoyed my lunch, and for 8 bucks I think, can't beat it.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We just moved to Akron and we're looking for a good meal after a long day of unpacking.......and that's exactly what we got! Food was terrific service was great! We'll be back

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We went to the restaurant on a Saturday evening. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs. What a disappointment. The meatballs had no taste at all and the spaghetti was hard Needed to be cooked about another three minutes. I love Italian cooking but this was a disappointment.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Piero's used to be very busy, the parking lot would be full. We were in the area 2 nights ago and decided to get steak sandwiches. So disappointed. The sauce tasted watered down. But we kept eating, decided to deal with it. Until I was chewing and felt something odd in the meat. I pulled a large piece of plastic out of my mouth! I lost my appetite, and so did my husband. We both threw away the remainder of our sandwich. So disappointed!

1  Thank janice f