“Fantastic Food - Good Service”
Review of Main Street Cafe - CLOSED

Main Street Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I ordered a fish sandwich, yum. Came with the best fries ever along with pickles on the side. You can change the menu to please you without any effort. My friend had the Chili Fries for a meal and it was a huge serving. Can serve 4 people as an appetizer. Service was friendly. Seasonal outside seating available. If the opportunity was available I would stop here again. Bar on one side, restaurant on the other so families are welcome.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Headed out to Alexandria to avoid the crowds in State College on moving-in weekend. Main Street Cafe has great wings, and that is what we went there for. Have sampled some of their other pub fare, but the wings are the highlight. Criticisms would be that the service can be a little lacking, and the draft beer options are limited.

Reviewed 1 June 2015

It's amazing that something as simple as French fries are so hard to get perfectly prepared in a restaurant. These, though not fresh cut, were perfect. Not raw, not soggy, not burnt, not cold. The wings were some of the best we ever had. The service was fast & good. We will be back here again!

Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

My fiance and I have date night every Thursday night. We try to go somewhere different each week. Even though I have lived close by my entire life, I had never eaten at Main Street Cafe. Tonight our server was Jamie. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about what they offer. She was training a girl named Kate. Kate made sure to check on us and even brought us our dinner while Jamie was busy with other customers. I had a grilled chicken salad and my fiance had the southwestern burger and onion straws. Both dishes were great. I loved his onion straws with the horseradish sauce and he finished what salad I had left. There wasn't a single bite left to be had. I highly recommend there food and service. Also, if you are a fan of sweet tea...give theirs a try it was perfect!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2015 via mobile

Went to this place in Alexandria bc my daughter's boyfriend likes it. And I can say I don't have any true negatives just that it wasn't very extraordinary. I had steamed shrimp and they were done nicely. My daughter had chicken strips which she said were fatty
and she didn't finish. We bought the fry basket and they were fine nothing special. Two beers total cost $40 when tax and tip were added. A little pricey for what it was - dinner for two.