“Delivery”

Penn Pizza
Ranked #100 of 473 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Was pleased with the menu selections and the food was average, but the price was expensive. Did not like the ordering process online. The price was a big turnoff and the reason we didn't order again during our trip.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

We went to Penn Pizza for dinner the other night. It was a nice evening and it was great to be able to dine outside in the tables they had there. Of course, there is also inside dining too. The place definitely is casual. I was impressed by their large menu. We had steak sandwiches from there in the past (and they were great!) but besides sandwiches and pizza, there was a full entree menu as well as specials. I noticed that other diners had everything from pizza to sandwiches to burgers to spaghetti. Next to us was a table with 2 little kids and it was a good dining place for them and their parents. I ordered a seafood combo with linguine. It could have fra diablo sauce or marinara. I chose marinara. It was ok--the sauce was a little too bland and 'tomato' tasting but the seafood (clams, mussels, calamari) were all good. I think it was about $18. My sister got a fetticini alfredo which she enjoyed. My brother in law got the special 'Uncle Phil's' pork chop. He laughed because he said he thought he was coming to a 'cheap' place and the special was $33 (the most expensive thing on the menu). However, it was worth it--the pork chop was huge with a large bone end; topped with lots of goodies (I think broccoli rabe, cheese, etc.). He liked it. My husband got a buffalo chicken steak sandwich. He did NOT like it at all. It was very hot and spicy. I didn't like it either. We told the waitress and she said she knew it was spicy and empathized with us....but did not offer to give him something else. He ordered a chicken steak hoagie next as that would come out quickly. She brought that and he could eat that--but there was no offer to take back the buffalo chicken or take it off our bill. We were just stuck with it! The portions were a good size--I had plenty to take some home and my husband took home half his steak sandwich. The entrees did come with a nice salad that was fresh assorted greens, tomatoes and croutons and had a good balsamic dressing. My sister and her friends and family come here often. It is a BYOB and we did take beer and wine. They were very good about bringing out wine glasses for us to use. They did have a $5 coupon online and they did use that towards our meal price. I would go back again, and try some other dishes as their menu had lots of options.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

The food looked good but the taste was not as good, we got alot of dirty looks when we entered and were told there was no restroom for the kids to use. we will definitely not be going back

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

My favorite is Penn's pizza. The best pizza I have had in the area (Mill Creek location). Perfect amount of everything and prepared just right. I recently had spaghetti and meatballs...also phenomenal. The salad has perfectly ripened tomatoes, delicious olives, cheese, red onion, and their house honey balsamic. The spaghetti and meatballs was outstanding. I will go nowhere else for Italian.The food is very consistent. The pizza always tastes the same. I have had nice service for delivery and take-out...very professional. You can also dine-in! Thank you!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

You could spend a lot of money elsewhere, or you could go to the local gem known as Penn Pizza. Uncle Phil is the chef and co-owner. His pasta dishes are as good as you'll get at any expensive Italian restaurant, but here for modest prices. Their salads are wonderful, especially their grilled shrimp salad and their fresh mozzarella salad. Of course, their pizza is terrific. Try the cheesesteak stuffed pizza or their Sicilians. My office orders lunch every week from Penn Pizza and my family goes there frequently. It's a BYOB and they are very accommodating if you bring wine. The key is "Uncle Phil." It's always good, but when he's cooking, it's special. Best local gem for Italian food.