“Lunch twice a month”

Penn Pizza
Ranked #147 of 471 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I especially like the cheesesteaks (and I am picky), very good tuna and American hoagies/subs. Hoagies/subs are enough for 2 meals (unless I am ravenous!).

1  Thank Chris E

Reviewed 5 February 2017

We ordered a white pizza with broccoli and ricotta and a order of galic knots. When I got home and opened the box, there was no ricotta on the pizza. I called penn pizza and they looked into the order. After speaking to the manager, she sided with the employee's fabricated story regarding the order. Basically degrading my wife. The way they handled my compliant and the quality of food is the reasons I will not be patronizing penn pizza on cedar crest in the future. In addition, the galic on the garlic knots were burnt.

1  Thank GoPhillies2011
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed with our restaurant selection tonight. First of all, the whole kitchen does not wear hats( 11 employees)
Service is very slow and unorganized.
We ordered penne with grilled chicken and got penne with a pork chop.
the pizza cheese was disappointing...on the cheaper side.
On the bright side they did offer us a free dessert after the complaint.
The 19th Street is much better

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Was pleased with the menu selections and the food was average, but the price was expensive. Did not like the ordering process online. The price was a big turnoff and the reason we didn't order again during our trip.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

We went to Penn Pizza for dinner the other night. It was a nice evening and it was great to be able to dine outside in the tables they had there. Of course, there is also inside dining too. The place definitely is casual. I was impressed by their large menu. We had steak sandwiches from there in the past (and they were great!) but besides sandwiches and pizza, there was a full entree menu as well as specials. I noticed that other diners had everything from pizza to sandwiches to burgers to spaghetti. Next to us was a table with 2 little kids and it was a good dining place for them and their parents. I ordered a seafood combo with linguine. It could have fra diablo sauce or marinara. I chose marinara. It was ok--the sauce was a little too bland and 'tomato' tasting but the seafood (clams, mussels, calamari) were all good. I think it was about $18. My sister got a fetticini alfredo which she enjoyed. My brother in law got the special 'Uncle Phil's' pork chop. He laughed because he said he thought he was coming to a 'cheap' place and the special was $33 (the most expensive thing on the menu). However, it was worth it--the pork chop was huge with a large bone end; topped with lots of goodies (I think broccoli rabe, cheese, etc.). He liked it. My husband got a buffalo chicken steak sandwich. He did NOT like it at all. It was very hot and spicy. I didn't like it either. We told the waitress and she said she knew it was spicy and empathized with us....but did not offer to give him something else. He ordered a chicken steak hoagie next as that would come out quickly. She brought that and he could eat that--but there was no offer to take back the buffalo chicken or take it off our bill. We were just stuck with it! The portions were a good size--I had plenty to take some home and my husband took home half his steak sandwich. The entrees did come with a nice salad that was fresh assorted greens, tomatoes and croutons and had a good balsamic dressing. My sister and her friends and family come here often. It is a BYOB and we did take beer and wine. They were very good about bringing out wine glasses for us to use. They did have a $5 coupon online and they did use that towards our meal price. I would go back again, and try some other dishes as their menu had lots of options.