“Guest in a happy, Italian home”
Review of Paese Mio

Paese Mio
Ranked #19 of 473 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We enjoyed dinner with my son and a group of his college friends here in this warm, welcoming environment. Greeted at the door by the owner and his wife and even by some of the regulars when we were seated. Portions are generous and clearly made with love. Warm, homemade rolls arrived on the table to soak up garlicky olive oil. And, the pizza was art along with amazing veal dishes. One visit was definitely not enough!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

When you talk about Mom and Pops and not corporate restaurants, you are talking about this place. This is the kind of place you will love coming to, and coming back to. I simply love everything about Paese Mio. The food, the decor, the staff. The food is simply love laden outstanding. I had the tilapia with scallops and shrimp and mushrooms with spinach over bow tie. Simply couldn't have been better! The Salmon special was a generous portion served with scallops and shrimp over lasagna type noodles. The salmon was done perfectly. Wonderful warm bread rolls are served with garlic in oil (on the side). A simple house salad is included. And its BYOB. We ate like royalty. Drank our preferred wine. Stayed for 2 hours (nobody rushing us out). Our waitress was sweet and attentive. The owner roamed asking how everyone was and if we were enjoying our meals. Now that's caring! And....and I stress this...if you are going to eat a piece of pizza..this is where you should get it. Yum!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I've been coming here for 15 years or so and still swear by Paese Mio. All of their veal dishes are good as well as their pizza. Portions are large .

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Yeah yeah we all have our favorite Italian restaurants. Most discount any place that sells pizza too.
1- their pizza is untouchable, the best. The will customize or collaborate on any pie you dream up.
2- their meals and specials taste and feel like they were just prepared in a home and brought to the dining room table just for you.

Yes the portions will feed you for two meals. Keep that in mind if you don't want BIG DOGGIE BAGS.

But they have senior specials and a smaller reduced price version of most dishes that are much easier on the wallet and you don't have to worry if the take out is messing up your car.

Another feature is their party tray menu. Such bargains with amazing extras.
Between you and I when my wife is out of town I buy a half party tray of lasagna coming with a pint of extra sauce and a full pan of garlic knots with amazing garlic dipping sauce, included. The huge portions cost about $5 after you figure it out. So yeah I eat a lot but I have some buddies over and give a doggy bag or two. They also freeze beautifully.
You know the real test is the marinara. Their sauce is so good. It tastes like they cook down a truckload of fresh tomatoes every day. You know that super fresh tomato flavor from homemade sauce? They got it. That's why it seems they've got an army of grandma's cooking sauce daily.

Eat in or take out. Be safe while parking off a busy 4 lane road. They take credit cards and can't be nicer!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and I were going to try the Sunset Grille for the first time and when we drove by the parking lot was full, as usual. I had an alternative in mind in the event we didn't go to the Sunset Grille. Paese Mio. What a find! The service was great and the food was excellent and you got a lot of it. We chose from the specials menu and we were glad we did. We both had to take doggie bags so we could save room for dessert. They make an awesome Tirimisu. This is a BYOB restaurant so were came prepared with our own wine. We will be back.

Been to Paese Mio? Share your experiences!