US$95
US$94
US$90
US$115
US$108
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I chose this hotel because it was very reasonably priced and was dog friendly. Now I know why it was price so well. I stayed in my room 10 minutes total. As I pulled up and got out of the car, I saw a man standing outside of his hotel room. There was a very strong pot smoke smell coming from his room drifting all the way over to my car. The person to the right of my room was having a very obnoxiously loud conversation as well.

I called the hotel front desk and told them and they said they would send somebody over to check out the room that had pot drifting from it. I asked for another room and they said that they were completely booked. I was there another 5 minutes and started to hear very loud shouting between a man and woman from a room to my left and another person shouting to the right. I packed up my stuff, my dog and left.

I went to the front desk and said I'm not feeling safe here. There was nothing they could do because I booked through another service and can only refund me the hold amount and the pet fee. If you have an ounce of class and don't consider yourself trash, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Linda O, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Guest,
I apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay at the EconoLodge in Allentown. We try to provide our guests with a pleasant experience and unfortunately did not attain our goal. Thank you for letting us know.
Management at EconoLodgeAllentown

Reviewed 3 May 2017

OK, it was inexpensive - and it was surprisingly quiet. That's the positive.
This is an old-fashioned motel, with separate long units that have doors opening to the outside. Very musty odor in the room - so the first thing my husband did was to wash the air conditioner filter, which looked like it had never been cleaned. He had to do it in the bathtub, which resulted in little black flecks all over the teeny bathroom floor. (Later, when we told the clerk at the front desk that we had washed it, she agreed it had probably never been cleaned).
Poor beds. They don't even spring for fitted bottom sheets, so you end up all tangled in the bedding.
Carpeting was not clean. The ice machine gave you about 3 cubes at a time.
Even the included breakfast was really poor. The joke was that they have a plaque on the wall in the "breakfast room" saying that this was for overnight guests only - I cannot see anyone trying to crash their breakfast! We ended up going out to our car and bringing in some food we had purchased at the Farmer's market, and ate that instead of their breakfast.

Room Tip: You do not want a room here - go elsewhere.
1  Thank Alice K
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I was assigned a room that was not properly cleaned with trash still in the wastepaper baskets. Also, the phone did not work when I tried to call the office about the condition of the room. For my new room, I was assigned wrong room key. The manager finally had to set things straight that should have been handled by the staff. I had planned to eat at the restaurant attached, but it never opened. I was told the staff did not show up.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Linda O, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Patricia,
I must apologize for the issues you incurred during your stay at the EconoLodge in Allentown. I will work with my staff to improve our service and customer relations.
Thank you for letting me know.
EconoLodge Management

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Average at Best . I checked in after dark which was creepy . I will explain . Front Desk Guy was in La La Land . On a personal phone call when I arrived and made me wait , also the guy who came in behind me . Very Rude . Took a long time checking me in and charged a $75.00 fee to my credit card above the room charge . Called it a fee for incidentals . Ask where my room was and he just pointed outside . There are multiple building and almost No Lighting . Some buildings empty . Back building appears to have permanent lodgers . It took a bit to find my room and I needed to use a flash light to see room numbers . Room was old but O.K. for a quick one night stay . I was there 5 nights ago and am still waiting for the $75.00 fee to be released off my credit card . A cheap motel if that is what you are looking for . I myself would not stay there again . I was just passing through and surely there are Better Options .

Room Tip: Stop Elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Linda O, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Michael,
I am very sorry you were not pleased with our property. It is an outside entry property and the buildings are on 27 acres. I will speak with my desk clerk. He should never keep a guest waiting and as for your room location, he should be using the property map to give you directions to your room. Please accept my apologies.
Management at EconoLodge Allentown

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We visited the Econo Lodge Conference Center for a show and did not get a room or stay overnight. The conference room and the outer room were large and had enough space for 250 tables with narrow aisles that got a bit tight as the show got crowded. The acoustics in the hall were not bad and shouting was not necessary to speak to vendors.

Outside, there appeared to be ample parking. The Bulldog Road location is easy access from Routes 22 and 309 in Allentown PA. I think it is a good venue for a show or large conference.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Linda O, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Richard
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your business and encourage your reviews to assist us in improving our services.
Management