“Good food, a little expensive”

Los Sarapes Horsham
Ranked #9 of 68 Restaurants in Ambler
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 May 2016

It's probably just me. I am always on a challenging budget but I love good Mexican food. This place really goes above and beyond in most dishes.

It's a little "fancier" than some (insofar as complicated dishes), and not everyone LOVED everything, but it was more about personal taste. Everything was very well-prepared.

The guacamole is very good, although not enough. Well, it's never enough for our group.

Service is pleasant. The place is quite small. Drinks can up the bill quite a bit.
I saw someone at next table being served a whole fish (something I would typically never consider) but it looked wonderful. I understand it is some kind of special order. It's probably too expensive for my budget but if you can spring for it and like fish, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

The rest of my group, who isn't as financially challenged as I am, absolutely ADORES this place and cannot say enough good things about it. It is also consistent, which is always important.

Again, some of the dishes weren't what we loved, but that is personal. Fajitas were good, not greasy.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Walking in you cannot predict that this is an warm, beautifully decorated intimate dining spot. Full bar, lots of choices of tequilas. Service was excellent and very helpful. Ceviche is in a tomato base, well spiced and very tasty. Well worth the drive to eat here!

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Mexican Jewel in Horsham! I am big fan of mexican cuisine and this place did the trick. I have bin to absolutely every restaurants in the area, and i would ran this the best one in this area. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They have enough vegetarian option on the menu to satisfy any taste buds. The food presentation is stellar and equally delicious. Flavors reminded me the taste from south of the boarder. Good place for vegetarian or mexican food lover.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

Although crowded for an obvious reason it was worth the 15 minute wait to get a table. The food is outstanding, the service is friendly and quick. And the portions are large and the pricing is reasonable.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

I have eaten here at least two dozen times over the years. The food is good and the Ceviche notable. The interior is small and the tables very close together. I have never had a bad meal here. Sometimes they have Mariachi and on those occasions the restaurant becomes a destination with ambiance.