See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The owners of this establishment are horrible, money hungry ingrates. Some of my family members had to possibly evacuate from their home this past week due to Hurricane Irma, this was the closest available hotel they could find & were guaranteed by EXPEDIA that due to the evacuations if they had to cancel the reservation they would receive a full refund, which is the only reason they agreed to make the reservation in the first place...WELL, GUESS WHAT, both Expedia & the Guest Inn have now refused any type of refund. This is the worst kind of "customer service", I'm assuming that lying to your guests is acceptable nowadays? Please do not patronize this hotel & show them what the real meaning of caring & compassion are...next stop Expedia...

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel...
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank clk1064
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

The worst roach motel ever but it was the only room left in Aiken! At least they are dog friendly!! Keys don't work properly toilets yuk lady of the night walked by last night I sleep on my plastic bags and my towels on top of bed

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

If I could rate this place a zero it would still be to high. We only stayed here because we happened to have the misfortune of being in Augusta for business during Masters week which makes it the busiest week of the year, bar none. This means that even booking through a hot deals website like Expedia or Hotwire, the cheapest places in Augusta were at a price-gouging $300 and more. The Holiday Inn Express was $550 a night. Our choices were few, otherwise we would have never chosen this hotel in the first place. Even at $150 per night, we ate the cost of the third night and left early because we feared for our health and sanity.
Upon checking in, we were told by the rude desk clerk, between her personal conversations on her cell phone, that we were the last guests she was expecting because they were booked for the night. She then told us in unintelligible English (I actually had to ask her to repeat herself) that she couldn't guarantee that we could even park near our room. We told her we were a party of four and yet the next day when we asked for more towels because they only gave us two, she asked if we told the desk clerk at check in that we were a party of four (again with a very unprofessional attitude). We reminded her that we checked in with her and she went on to say that she didn't have four towels and she could only give us two.
When my wife took her shower in the morning, I was awoken by screams because there was a cockroach crawling down the wall in the shower with her (honestly, he was probably just trying to get clean too). That evening, we found one crawling in the bed with us (again, probably just trying to get off of the nasty carpet), and a little later one crawling across the wall. This is exactly why we went to Walmart on the first night to buy our own sheets and blankets to use and we brought our own pillows.
The bathroom actually had black mold growing on the walls and ceiling and covering the non-working vent fan (probably because it was caked with dust and mold). I will be making a call to the health department.
When we did check out early, I did let the manager know that even throughout 24 years in the Army, I had not stayed at a more disgusting hotel. I have stayed in tents in the desert that were cleaner and I told him this (all while remaining calm and professional, which he probably didn't deserve). We then moved to a 4 star hotel in Atlanta for $80 a night plus tax. This was a classic lesson in reviews and ratings, but we unfortunately did not have any choice except to pay the price-gouges (which this place was among) or stay 60 miles out of town. As it was, we stayed about 30 miles out, paid 5 times what we should have paid for a one star hotel, and were thoroughly disgusted in the process. Next time, we will just commute the 4 hours from home the morning of our business and commute as far as necessary or pay whatever we have to, to not ever stay somewhere like this again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank CMars017
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My kids grandfather got a room for my mama and my children to enjoy the pool because it was very hot... when my children and I approached the pool, the manager came out with an attitude and asked what room we came out of, and I told him, he then told me that my kids and I couldn't get in the pool because we were guest of their guest. When I got back in the room and reported what the manger told me about us being able to get in the pool, he got real nasty and rude with my mother and hung in her face, not once but twice.. The customer service there is very poor and I would not recommend it for anyone to enjoy themselves at their (guesthouse) expense. The small pool that was there was filled with bugs and straw an other things on the floor. I wouldn't want to deal with anyone's attitude, especially when your running a motel that you would want people to come back to and you think its ok to talk to anyone any kind of way. Just poor customer service and too much attitudes to deal with.

Room Tip: If anything, go to another place and not this place. Their attitude and how they talk to people is not worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Le'Peaches N
Reviewed 22 October 2012

First off, I was told the I could bring my dog, and the total for one night would be $47. WHAT A DEAL. When I arrived, I was charges $60. What ever. No big deal.

The room smelled like a dirty ashtray. I've stayed in rooms that have been smoked in before, but this was horrible. IF you ever think of staying here, make sure you ask for a non-smoking room.

I am not sure about the dry brown stuff on the bathroom door, but it looking liked it had dripped down the front and back of the door, and there was hair stuck to it too.

I stayed in the back of the Hotel, and it looked like there was an older building that used to be part of the hotel. There was a silver Dodge Charger that would cruise back and forth with it lights off, and park in front of the older hotel. I could not tell what he was up to, but I think he was using the other old hotel for something. It was not something I wanted to find out. I am just glad I had a large dog, and brought a fire arm.

I wanted to talk to the staff about this, but they really did not look like they would care. When I went to check out in the morning, the guy at the from desk was pretty put out by having to run my card. I left happy to be out of that place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo