“Wedding dinner party”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We went here one evening for a pre-wedding dinner party. The service wasn't bvery good. The food was mediocre at best.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

We eat here once a month, on average. It is close to our house, it's cheap, fast, and my daughter likes it. Sometimes I would give it 4 stars, but the quality and taste of the food is inconsistent. Specifically, the salsa (I consider this a metric for tex-mex restaurants) is pleasantly spicy, fresh, with a homogeneous consistency sometimes, but a little watery and reminiscent of canned tomatoes other times. We used to go here quite frequently for work lunches, I always got the lunch steak fajitas, never disappointed. But, the last couple of times i got something grilled it was more like the meat and vegetables were steamed and the steak was quite chewy. I used to really like mi rancho but it seems like a gamble, lately. I hope they get the message.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Nuff said! Never have had a good experience here and only go b/c hubby loves Mexican food and I treat him on his birthday. I have learned to eat before I go!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I would have given MI Rancho a higher rating but the walls were the exact same color of the refried beans and the only staff member that was hustling was the manager. I did not see a single staffer smile. It was less than half full and the food took a long time to come out when compared to the same type of basic Mexican restaurants we've been to in the past. With a little tweaking and better interior color, it could really improve.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

We were looking for another restaurant but couldn't find it, so we decided to take a chance on Mi Rancho. The lot was full (usually a good sign) at about 1:00 on a Sunday afternoon. We were seated promptly, and received our food very quickly. Chips and salsa came first, and the salsa was nothing special but okay. We ordered some guacamole and it was pretty good. I got the quesadilla especial with shrimp, which was delicious. It tasted surprisingly fresh, the shrimp were unexpectedly tasty for a place far from the sea and well-cooked, and best of all, they used real Mexican crema instead of the usual gooey cheese most places use. The tortilla was nicely crisped, and the portion was more than ample. My friend got the beef fajitas, which came out sizzling hot. She said they were excellent. Service was not warm and fuzzy, but I'm fine with that as long as it is efficient and fast. I will definitely be going back the next time I'm in Aiken.

Been to Mi Rancho? Share your experiences!