“Dinner at Cooper’s”
Review of Cooper's

Cooper's
Ranked #11 of 75 Restaurants in Alcoa
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed our dinner at Cooper’s at the Knoxville airport Hilton. The walk from the airport was short, the service was friendly and attentive, and the food was very good. We will return to Cooper’s the next time our travel plans include Knoxville.

Fred W, Manager at Cooper's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

We are so happy to hear that you and your family chose Cooper's for dinner. Thank you for taking a moment and writing down your comments. We are always happy to receive feedback from our guests about their experience. Hopefully you will return to our area and we will have the opportunity to serve you again. Thanks again for choosing Hilton/ Cooper's.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Breakfast Buffet was excellent. Very large selection of food, from fresh fruit to cereals, pastry and danish. Two types of eggs to choose from, bacon, two types of sausage, two types of breakfast potatoes, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, grits, etc.

Fred W, Manager at Cooper's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our "Hilton Breakfast". We appreciate your comments and want to thank you for choosing Hilton. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This restaurant is located within the Hilton hotel next to the airport. We had dinner here before turning in early for an early morning flight then next day. There was no buffet this night so we ordered from the reasonably large menu. I ordered a grilled chicken dish.

While enjoying a quiet wait my wife we each sipped on celebratory cocktails. Dinner seemed to take quite a while and the wait became worse when 3 apparently traveling salesmen were seated at a table not too far away. At the time we that was the only other people in the restaurant.

Within a couple minutes they began a business meeting discussing strategy for the next day client meeting and talking to others at their home office over a speaker phone. They were very loud. I turned and starred a couple times but got nowhere with them. Finally I quietly asked would they please keep it down a little but was ignored.

In fairness to the restaurant I didn’t not ask the waitress to try and should have done so. I hoped they would handle the matter but the ‘meeting’ continued for the rest of our time there.

To her credit the server did apologize for our food taking so long by explaining she had picked up our plates once at the kitchen but saw my chicken was overdone and burnt on one side. She asked for another plate rather than brining it to our table. It wasn’t the end of the world because we were really in no hurry and she wa so nice about it.

If we stayed at the hotel again I wouldn’t probably try this place again due to the convenience and given how nice the waitress was.

Fred W, Manager at Cooper's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Cooper's. I am sorry to hear that your quiet dinner was interrupted by a business meeting at a nearby table. I will speak with our hostess about being more observant while seating our guests, families, business dinners etc... I would like to apologize as well for your extended wait time on dinner. I will meet with our executive chef about proper preparation and cook time for chicken. I am happy your server saw the mistake and took action. We want all of our guests to have a pleasant dining experience and will use your feedback make improvements. Thank you again and hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

hopefully open till late, we were able to have dinner upon our arrival.
we started with the salad bar, adn nothing was really great there.
then we had a rib eye served with vegetables: the meat was rather tough and not particularly tasty, but the vegetables were pretty good.
good list of wines by the glass.
good service, but i n the real tradition of an aiport hotel.

Fred W, Manager at Cooper's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you for your comments about dining with us at Cooper's. We appreciate you taking the time. I am very pleased to hear that your service was good, however concerned about the preparation of your steak and the quality of our salad bar. I will be meeting with the executive chef to review the choice beef that we are purchasing and the preparation of the product. Guest comments are very important to us and are used to make changes and improvements for the future. It is our goal to exceed guest's expectations and provide a great dining experience. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

During our March stay at the Hilton TYS Airport, we dined at Cooper’s Restaurant, in the atrium lobby. We were seated in their bar area (Landings), a level above the restaurant, but the food and service came from Cooper’s.

We were only staying at this Hilton for a night, and as we were going to have a large brunch, before leaving near-by Blackberry Farm, I had not even bothered to check out dining options, beyond looking at the menu for Cooper’s on-line. I doubted that we would eat much, but was glad that we did get dinner there.

While we sat at the bar, we had the full Cooper’s menu, and wine list – OK, the wine list is not like the 232 page one at Blackberry Farm, but for a Hilton restaurant, quite nice, and interesting enough to keep us satisfied all evening. Note: Cooper’s/Landings do require an ID for all alcohol purchases, even from an “old guy,” such as I.

We were warmly greeted by our bartender/server, and welcomed to Landings. She explained that they were really part of Cooper’s, though physically separate. We opted to stay in the bar area, rather than be seated “inside” down below. Now, the bar is not really open, but feels as though it is. It sits atop a Starbucks/mini-grocery/sundry shop, in the middle of the 6-story atrium, and is pretty much open to the atrium, so it has an “al fresco” feel to it. It’s open on all sides, and there is no roof, per se, as it’s inside the atrium. My photographs will hopefully paint a better picture, of the architecture.

We started with the Beckon California Chardonnay, which was new to both of us, and was nice, albeit served a bit cold. The glassware was adequate, though a far cry from the Riedel stems that we had experienced for a week at Blackberry Farm – but remember, this was at a Hilton airport hotel.

We decided on our dinner:
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla w/ Monterey jack & Cheddar cheeses, over grilled chicken w/ green onions and barbecue sauce. This was served in flour tortillas w/ salsa & avocado crema on the side – quite good, and tasty! This was probably the better of the two dishes, for the little reasons listed below. The Quesadillas would have benefitted from a side of Sour Cream.
Tennessee Pulled Port BBQ, on a fresh roll, topped with slaw – good, but the BBQ sauce was a bit sweet (I really like more tangy sauce, and far less of it, if any sauce is applied), but the Pork tender, and with a nice smoked flavor. I was asked if I wanted the slaw, and of course I did, but wish I had gotten the sauce on the side. Now I know. The slaw was a bit runny, and not finely chopped, but still a tasty compliment. Now, I am not that well-versed on Eastern-Tennessee BBQ, so this might have been just perfect? I am much more a fan of Eastern-North Carolina BBQ, and especially Pulled Pork. I am also used to not using much sauce, if any, and love the finely diced, almost dry slaw – but that is just me. A good sandwich, but not the best I have encountered. Now, I *think* that the fries might have been hand-cut, and those were very good! I could have used all the extra sauce for the fries, and will get it on the side, when we return.

I added another Chardonnay, and an Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, to round out the meal. The food was good, to very good, the wines certainly acceptable*, and the service was excellent.

* I was pleased that we had some choices beyond the “usual suspects,” though some of those were on the wine list too.

Though inside of the atrium, the venue was lovely, and did have the feeling of dining outside – a nice architectural accomplishment.

I would definitely dine at Cooper’s/Landings on our next visit.

1  Thank The_Loup_Garou
Fred W, Manager at Cooper's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for the review and comments about dining with us in Landings / Cooper's at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed the products and services that you received. It is through our guest's comments that we are able to make changes to better serve you and others in the future. We are committed to providing great food and service to all of our guests. Thanks again for you comments and we look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Been to Cooper's? Share your experiences!