“Dinner”
Review of Los Arcos Restaurant - CLOSED

Los Arcos Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Locally owned family restaurant - excellent food, best chips/salsa in Abilene, and weekend fajita deal that's unbeatable.
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Rate MINUS 10. We WERE frequent loyal customers. Ordered shrimp fajitas for one. Husband ordered another entree waited 45 minutes for our food. I said this looks like fajitas for 2 instead of for 1 like I ordered. Waitress said OMG don't touch it. Left to return 10 minutes later. She said I have to take it back and make you a new one. I asked are you serving this to someone else. She said no I'm throwing it away and make you new ones. I asked if I could eat my half and THEN they throw away the rest. She said NO I'm not giving away free food. I still can not figure that one out. We left without eating and won't go back. I told the manager I was sad that we won't be back. She said your choice. Is that not the all time worst service ever?

Reviewed 11 January 2016

I used to love this restaurant until I got food poisoning from the chicken fajitas. The person I was dining with had a portion of my meal and got proportionally sick as well. It looked like the chicken was boiled and then thrown on the grill to make grill marks. Yuck yuck yuck...I'll never go back

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

The food here is really good! My wife loves the chicken quesadillas, I've tried almost everything on the menu and have yet to be disappointed. I highly recommend if ur looking for good texas Mexican food.

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

My family went to this restaurant many many times. My twins were newborns or very young infants not on solid food. Our group, not counting the twins (they remained in their stroller every time we went & did not take up any chairs), consisted of 4 eating adults and 1 6-year old child. We would eat, tip very well & then pay for our meal. We always thought it was odd that no details were ever given about the prices at the register. We learned on our VERY LAST VISIT EVER that they had always been including the twins and secretly been charging us tip at the register ON TOP OF WHAT WE LEFT ON THE TABLE because they said we had a group of 7. They NEVER told us this when they knew we were double tipping. It took my mom demanding an answer for them to even confess their unethical behavior.

1  Thank rgte
Reviewed 23 May 2015

The food was good and the restaurant was clean but nothing spectacular. The salsa was hot and spicy but the food itself was bland. The service was okay. It was not too far from our hotel and the prices were very reasonable.