“A great place to fill up on unlimited sashimi, sushi, everything!”

Tokyo One Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 210 Restaurants in Addison
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Once seated, a waiter takes your drink order (no drink menu was offered), then you go to the buffet and get whatever you want, including sushi, sashimi, chirashi, rolls, shrimp, tofu dishes, tempura, hot pots, salads, and dessert. For the price, it is a great deal. Even a non-seafood-eater in our group enjoyed the teriyaki chicken, ribs, and little pieces of dessert cakes, as well as the creme brulee. Service was more attentive than at most buffets, with our plates being cleared and tea refilled unobtrusively.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

This place is a find. It's a cafeteria-style restaurant where chefs are turning out many different kinds of sushi and sashimi constantly, and you can pick what you like, all for one fee. It's not cheap, unless you're using other sushi restaurants as your reference. The presentation is perfectly adequate, but not as precious as upscale places. The serving sizes of fish are generous. There is cooked food and interesting salads for the squeamish. A friend who worked for Toyota took a group of visiting Japanese businessmen here, and they were surprised and pleased. You can go back again and again until you are ridiculously stuffed. There is also a dessert bar with little sushi-sized servings of all kinds of tasty things, as well as fresh fruit, creme brulée, and other goodies - as well as green tea, red bean and (my favorite) mango ice cream. If you're more interested in the food than chi-chi surroundings, give this place a try. I'll bet you go back.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I don't want to say mean things about this restaurant, because the staff are so friendly and considerate. But... The food put me into a day-long depression. I realize that not everyone has had the chance to spend 3 years of their life in Japan, like I did (so I guess I'm spoiled when it comes to REAL sushi)... However, there are other sushi eateries in the Dallas area, that are "not bad". Of course, those other places are not buffet style restaurants, so you are actually paying for your higher quality sushi. Let me try to describe the sushi that you can expect at Tokyo One, without roasting them (because they really are quite lovely people). Imagine going to a supermarket that sells seafood. You go there, and you purchase some tuna or salmon or tilapia. Then you take it home, and put it in the freezer for 6 months. Finally, you take it out of the freezer, slice it up, and pour a lot of vinegar on it (so nobody will be able to recognize the flavor of fish that's WAY past its' prime). There it is. It's not too appealing, is it? Plus the tempura was a bit similar to Long John Silver's, only crispy, but totally saturated in oil. So I left feeling depressed, because I really wanted to enjoy it. But this food was incapable of being enjoyed by anyone equipped with a functional palate.

2  Thank Texonesian
Reviewed 24 June 2017

You name it this place probably has it for Japanese quizine. We first went to this establishment as a suggestion, and we have returned here on several occasions. This is not your average all you can eat Sushi Bar that you would get at a normal buffet.

They have everything from Sushi, Sashimi, Soup station, Hot Pots, cold bar and the list goes on and on. If you have never had a quail egg in your soup you can even get that here as well.

Not only should you bring your appetite but you are going to need to bring your Credit Card as well, if you go away from this place hungry, not only did you do yourself an injustice to your stomach; you have also done one to your bank account as well. A little on the pricey side but worth it for a special occasion.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

This is just your average Chinese/sushi buffet place with quality that doesn't quite live up to the price tag. Their food is still good, especially the shrimp fried rice and Lo mein, but there are far better places to get sushi or hibachi that taste great without the expensive bill. Lunch may be worth it to try it out, but there's no reason to come here for dinner, which is more than double the price of lunch.

I've only come here for lunch during the week, so I can't speak to the experience during dinner or weekends. If you want to come during lunch, I highly recommend arriving early (11:30) or late (1:00), because the food is going to diminish very quickly during peak lunch hours. All of the good stuff gets taken very quickly, and there only a couple chefs who are trying their hardest to keep up with the demand. If you see something you like, get it as soon as you see it because it's going to be gone by the time you go back for more.

Their wait staff is hit or miss. I've come here when it's busy, yet my drink always stays full; I've also come when it's not so busy and I don't see my waiter for almost ten minutes. There is one waiter (whose name escapes me, sorry!) that is without a doubt one of the most attentive and friendly waiters I've ever had at any restaurant.