“Many Choices”

Ranked #9 of 211 Restaurants in Addison
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gloria and Jose Fuentes were seventeen years old when they arrived to the United States in 1978. Like many other young Salvadorians, they were filled with hope - longing for a better life than what they were experiencing in a cruel and intense civil war, and civil chaos which lasted many years (decades) in El Salvador. Without knowing each other, Gloria and Jose settled in Houston, Texas and faced the precarious existence and survival difficulties of undocumented immigrants for some time. Now we're cookin' Fatefully, love created a miracle when they met and moved to Dallas to work with Gloria's sister at a Salvadorian restaurant, which her sister owned in Oak Cliff. A year later passed, and Gloria's sister gave up on the restaurant and Gloria and Jose chose to take over. Despite all the obstacles, and showing amazing resilience and a persistent work ethic, their life was beginning to change for the best. Playing an entrepreneurial role - with no previous knowledge - they registered the assumed Gloria's name before the Dallas County Clerk on April 15, 1986. A few months later they became legal U.S. Residents under the amnesty provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Under Jose and Gloria's management, the little Salvadorian restaurant became distinguished for their tasty food. It was so full of flavor that an undercover critic of the Dallas Morning News gave them a very positive review. The next day there was a considerable line of Anglo clients waiting under the summer sun of Dallas, for an opportunity to indulge in the new and delicious dishes. Even William "Bill" Clements, Jr., The Governor of Texas at the time, was one of those curious customers. Gloria's growth has been a constant ever since then. Now boasting 15 Texas locations, the restaurant still serves the same delicious Latin cuisine that has been satifying hungry Texans for over 25 years.
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Went to Gloria's Latin Cusine. Remembered going there last year when I was again in Addison, TX ( a suburb of Dallas) for business. I was not disappointed. My coworker and I went on a Sunday evening so it was not full, but it was busy.

Even without reservations we were seated immediately. Our server came over almost immediately bringing a bowl of warm tortilla chips as well as salsa and a warm black bean dip. The menu is extensive but in my opinion it tends more towards Mexican inspired dishes, but there were other Latin type dishes.

I went with the Carne Asada, which I know is very typical and "safe", but I happen to like Carne Asada. It was done as I had requested. It was also served with fried plantains, yuca, black beans and Spanish rice. It also came with a chimichurri sauce on the side.

It was enough food, but I also ate a goodly number of the aforementioned tortilla chips so I was a bit full. The price was $16.99.

The service was attentive, but this also could have been due to the fact that it was not overly busy.

All in all it is a good place to go if your in the mood of something a little Latin. There was our group of two, but there were also larger parties who were celebrating other events. Also since I went there again this year it must be decent. I don't usually go back to a place if the food isn't any good.

If you have the chance and you are In the area you will not be disappointed in going to Gloria's.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Having heard of this place I was happy to know one was close to the theater we had attended. No waiting on a Sunday evening and prompt service is always appreciated. All items ordered were brought out in a timely manner and even an additional item was quickly sent to the table. We did not have drinks but others around us seem to be enjoying what they had ordered.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Two friends and I met at Gloria's in Addison. I have been to other locations, but not this one.

The restaurant is in a strip center. It took us a little bit of effort to find it.

Once inside, it is beautiful. You are greeted with a water wall and a bench beneath a lovely chandelier.

The seating is more than adequate and quite pretty.

We sat in a booth near the bar area. Our waiter was as nice as could be, answering any and all questions, communicating with us, giving us time to decide, but being right there when we were ready.

The food arrived quickly. We each ordered something different. I had the salmon, one friend had flautas, and another had chili relleno. The salmon and flautas were remarkable. My friend wished her chili pepper had been softer for her relleno.

We stayed at the restaurant for 2.5 hours, arriving at 5 PM on a Tuesday evening. It was not crowded when we arrived. By the time we left, most tables were full. There were several large parties there. It got pretty loud at one point - I think it was because of the boisterous parties. We were never rushed to leave, despite the restaurant beginning to fill up.

The prices are not too bad, based on location. My salmon was $15.99. I am not sure what the other dishes cost, but it appeared that prices for entrees ranged from around $12 to $20.

If you like Mexican food, try Gloria's! I think you will enjoy it!

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

You want great Tex Mex and Magaritas; come here!!!! Love their fajitas and margaritas!!!!! Don't remember so servers name, but she was awesome!!!!! Xoxox

Reviewed 31 January 2017

I was traveling on business to the Dallas/Richardson area and met my teammates for dinner here. What a great experience! It is a clean, accessible location with a friendly, accommodating staff. Great menu options, with friendly and attentive servers. The ambience is really fun/relaxing as well. I had the Sopa De Gallina as my meal, which was delicious! I would definitely come back and also recommend to friends.