“My Tex-Mex Fix”
Review of Matt's Rancho Martinez - CLOSED

Matt's Rancho Martinez
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 December 2013

As an ArkLaTex native living in NC I am always disappointed that I can't find any Tex-Mex in the area. So whenever I'm in Dallas I'm on the lookout for my favorite food. I usually prefer locally-owned places to chains so I was pleasantly surprised by Matt's. It's a chain but it has kept the "family-secret" food going. They have the best cheese enchiladas (a personal favorite) that I've ever had in a restaurant. We had a party of 12 for lunch and everything from the service to the price was great. We sampled each other's food and it was all very good. I highly recommend it. Next time I'm out that way there's no doubt where I'll be eating.

1  Thank P-Dub56
There are newer reviews for Matt's Rancho Martinez

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I like a restaurant with great food and matt's rancho Martinez has that. I love CFS thats chicken fried steak. And I love all four at matts.
Cowboy style is #1
Margaritas are quite good as well I suggest patron perfect or matts top shelf I am a regular there and my usual waitress is very attentive I asked for alisa with red hair every time

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This comfortable restaurant features great Tex-Mex food. Several of the offerings are very creative recipes. Including chili rejenos seasoned with raisins and pecans. They offer several chicken fried steaks smothered in chile topped with a variety of garnishes such as sour cream and guacamole. There is also a an outside seating area that is somewhat closed for the winter months.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

In the north Dallas and Collin County area there are probably 300 okay Mexican restaurants. Matt's is a cut above for a couple of reasons: the service is really really good, and their catfish (no, I'm not kidding) is absolutely KILLER good. Been there probably 20 times since they opened, and every single time their waiters have been right on point. Refill? No waiting for your iced tea. Margarita? On its way. Happy hour about to end? Dude is right there to let you know.

Now, about the catfish dinner in a Tex-Mex restaurant...it's crazy good. Jalapeno cole slaw is tangy and has a little heat but it's not too hot. French fries are good and crispy. But it's the catfish in its crispy almost fish-and-chips style batter (think tempura light and crunchy) that rocks this dish. don't get me wrong: I like the southern-style cornmeal crust that is traditional for catfish, but this is soooo much a welcome change! The Bob Armstrong Dip is a cheesy-meaty-sour creamy treat. The chile rellenos are excellent -- best I've had in a long time. But honestly, what keeps me coming back is the catfish with the jalapeno slaw...and the jalapeno margaritas. And I am by no means a Chile Head. I have wimpy taste buds. But weirdly enough I really like the spice in their slaw and their margaritas. Go figure.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I went to dinner here meeting my brother and his wife, their child and my mom. I had been told good things by my brother who lives in Allen and has eaten here a few times. After tonight's visit, we decided we will not be back. I ordered the chicken fried steak. The meat was good, the fries old and dry and no dressing was ever brought for my salad until the end of my meal. Never was my request for ketchup honored. My brother's meal included barracho beans which were not brought until the end, drinks not filled and in general horrible service. I will not be back to this location.