“How many times can a place be closed by health department”
Review of Frank's Place

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Frank's Place
Ranked #25 of 29 Restaurants in Alvarado
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

How many times can a place be closed by the health department??? No I am not kidding, that is my question as this place is closed by them more than they are open. If you ever eat here good luck to you!!!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Nasty is not even a way to describe how bad this place is. I advise you please do your self a favor and stay away!!!

Reviewed 20 September 2016

My Husband and I stopped here for a late lunch today. Upon entering it looked quite old!! Spoke to the Owner and stated had been there 36 years!!! Had not been upgraded in "quite some time". We did eat there and the Waitress was extremely friendly and courteous. My Husband ordered the 2 egg Steak Breakfast with coffee. I ordered a Grilled Chicken sandwich and Fries with ice water. When the order came out we were both quite surprised. Portions were quite large and the Coffee and water were very tasty. The Steak was cooked perfectly, home fries were extremely good (husband said tasted like all was home cooked). My Grilled Chicken sandwich was extremely good, with real chicken breast and veggies. Fries were cooked perfectly. If you overlook the "décor" and focus on the meal, you will have a good experience. WE both smoke and was quite surprised you could smoke in there. There was no smoke odder. We will stop back again if we are in that area.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We had not been here in sometime and thought the place had closed
Drivingby I notoced a new sign up and the place looked like it had been spruced up some
We go in and place our order and it was not long till we noticed the flies on the move
One of us was constantly swiping our hand across the table to keep them off of our food and drinks.
I am afraid to think of all the germs that may have been deposited on the condiments on the tables as the Ketchup and some other item were in squeeze bottles in each table
Everyone gets a fly or two and that is a given even in some of the best upscale places
This is not the case here there were a lot of them.
As we started to leave I noticed two or three fly swats hanging on the wall next to where the staff sets when they are not busy
The food was decent but can't get past the flies that we encountered
Will not be going back

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We had never tried here, and we live in Alvarado so decided to go in....We are smokers, so we liked that we could smoke if we wanted to. We had the regular breakfast, it was good, the coffee was good, The lady waiting on us was friendly. The only complaint I had was that it did look like they never clean...The window sills beside our table were dirty, and looked like they had never been scrubbed, it is a old looking place, Old looking furniture to sit in. Really had to wonder if the place looked dirty and no one cared, what does the kitchen grill area look like...Not sure if the owners make a lot of money with this business, but a little soap and water and disenfectant does not cost much in my opinion, clean it up a little, and maybe they could do more business. They were also hiring, and they said they were short staffed, said the waitress did not show up..