“Certain novelty”
Review of Cadillac Ranch

Cadillac Ranch
Ranked #5 of 58 things to do in Amarillo
More attraction details
Owner description: This offbeat roadside attraction features 10 graffiti-covered Cadillacs standing upright in a row, buried nose-first in the ground. The sculpture is the brainchild of Amarillo millionaire Stanley Marsh III, who chose classics dating from 1948 to 1963, the "Golden Age" of the American automobile.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I guess it is not everyday that you get to spray paint cars, probably part of the novelty why we did enjoy this attraction from nowhere :) Sadly, there were indeed spray paints everywhere, I hope somebody takes the time to clean them. I will recommend bringing neon green sprays so they stand out , and try to do the top ones so they last a little longer (people tend to just spray on the ones that are easy to get to (the roof). I won't suggest going if it is raining, it will definitely be wet and muddy to walk to. Beware as well there is no rest room in this area

Write a ReviewReviews (3,229)
All reviews
in 310 reviews
"field"
in 425 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We have heard about this stop from many different people. It is one of the first pieces of "installation art" in the US. When you see it is pictures, you have to laugh, but is person, it seems to loose some of the interesting humor and design elements. Covered with graffiti paint.....what,s the point?

In the old days, we would call this a tourist trap. As you drive east on Interstate 40, you will see it on the south side entering the city. That should do it for you!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have seen pictures and read articles of people visiting the Cadillac Ranch. Well firstly, it’s out in a HUGE field, about 400yds. There is nothing around the cars at all. It was very cool to see. The paint is so thick on them, it’s amazing. People are allowed, even encouraged to paint on the cars.
But, there are hundreds of discarded spray paint cans all over the place. Someone put large bins, for the cans by the road, but I guess people can’t be bothered to carry their empties so far back out. It’s sad how dirty the area is with garbage.
Glad I finally saw it, but to me it wasn’t what I expected, all the stories built it up into something else.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

So I drove out here cause I thought it would be fun - and it was - but there were a lot of people. True, it was a Saturday, but definitely a tourist spot. Glad I did it, it was unique, prob wouldn’t do it again.