“I recommend staying here !”

Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Called reservation line , person was very friendly , got to the hotel , the front reception was also friendly and helpful , her name was Krystal , the hotel was exceptional clean , as was our room , and a big size standard room , with a microwave and fridge , bed comfy , lots of pillows , clean clean bathroom , decent breakfast , alot better than most places , eggs , biscuits , gravy , waffles , fruit , etc . Front reception in the morning was just as nice . This is the second time I stayed at a Drury hotel , will look forward to staying at another one .

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Julesj13

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I especially liked this one. If you are traveling west on Hwy 40, the location could not be better--very easy in and out. With the complimentary drinks and buffet, there's no need for restaurants, but there are many within walking distance. The woman who checked us in was extremely nice. She booked a room for our following night and gave us a tip about a special price--and then adjusted our price in Amarillo for the special rate!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank klutzWestBend
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We have stayed here several times and each time it almost like home. The staff is friendly and helpful and I particularly thank DeAnn and Michelle at the desk for their help and friendliness. Our room was large and very comfortable, plenty of towels and very clean. The breakfast was great, no need to go anywhere else, and kickback is convenient if you don`t feel like going anywhere for supper.

Room Tip: Reserve ahead online for better rates.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill R
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I had stayed here last year and did not comeback.
This time I stayed because Hampton Inn had closed their unit were I used to stay. So right there was Drury and I said "Let's try again".
They had done an about face...From fast free internet to real food at the kickback.
Kick back at 5:30 was real food with a 3 drink ticket..with REAL folks working the food area... They had a great soda (and lemonaid) dispenser.. All Pepsi products as the lady at the front desk told me unasked.. Plus coffee and hot water for tea.. Now that sounds like most folks but not really.
The coffe is GREAT!!! No burnt taste no caraffes a real machine using a tremendous blend.
No starbucks run for me PM OR AM...
The pool is enclosed, and convenient to elevators.. Of course a covering might be advised as it is right off the lobby... WO HO!!!!
Staff was friendly and helpful and did not seem to be doing it out of fear or smuggness.
Best part of all this was the price to value ratio.. At less than 100.00 per night all bases were covered. Business office and good high speed internet with lots of seating to talk or unwind with workers, family or by yourself.. This is not the same smelly dump from my last trip..
Keep it up. Enjoy yourself as I have found a new place to stay...
Oh forgot a negative... geez.. No premium channels like HBO ect or verses but enough good stations to not be a deal breaker...

Room Tip: If traffic bugs you stay in the even numbered rooms I am thinking... Ask at the desk..
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We recently discovered the Drury Inn chain while looking for pet-friendly hotels in the U.S. Our room was very clean, spacious (important if you are traveling with pets!) and comfortable. The hotel was also exceptionally quiet at night...also important for me AND my pets. We loved the perks; the 5:30 kick back warm meal was very welcoming and the morning breakfast sufficient. The staff was very friendly with that iconic Texas hospitality. Will stay again.

Room Tip: King deluxe was spacious
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family