“Good Food”

The Grease Monkey
Ranked #27 of 876 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Grease Monkey Burger Shop and Social Club team has a goal to change the Arlington Restaurant / Bar experience. “The Monkey” combines hearty burgers, wicked libations, serious music and a party deck destined to be the place to be seen on a beautiful Texas day. We are excited to be part of a new Downtown Arlington REVIVAL focused on bringing the people back to where Arlington Business and Arlington Cool were born.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Was going to Babes Chicken, but they were CLOSED for Easter. Went across parking lot to The Grease Monkey. Not impressed with the service, but the good was very good. Not sure if I would enjoy as much, during a regular day. For today, it was great. Thank you

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Not impressed with their food!!
Wait in line and order food!! Condiment bar not so clean and looked after

Reviewed 7 March 2018

What a great atmosphere, its like your walking into a garage. Love all the decor and clean bathrooms too. We enjoyed burgers and fries for lunch. I didn't know a mini burger was fairly large and a "regular" burger was enormous! They give you large portions and love the condiment bar to prepare your burger just like you like it. Drinks are help yourself too. Bands come here on Thur - Sun nights and there is a calendar written in chalk on the wall so you can see the upcoming acts.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Wife was wanting a burger for lunch. So we opted for salads. She ordered the cheese burger salad and I ordered the Cobb salad. When I went to pick up the salads I noticed that her salad just had a meat patty with shredded cheese on the lettuce. She wants the cheese melted on the burger. So I asked if they could put cheese on the patty. They graciously took the patty off the salad and melted some cheese on top. The romaine lettuce was crispy and the toppings were fresh.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Had a family lunch outing there yesterday for my first time visit. Other family members had been before and said it was good. I'm always up for a tasty burger, so I went with high expectations.

First, the menu is pretty short. They offer about 6 pre-designed burgers (chicken and veggie are options too), along with a "build your own" option. I had the Chicken Fried Bacon BBQ Burger (I think I got that right). It was a bit smaller than some burgers I've had at similar restaurants, but the ingredients overspilled the bun. Sometimes I have a problem with the bun with a burger: the ratio of meat to bun doesn't work or the burger grease dissolves the bun. I had neither problem here. The bun tasted freshly (and locally) made. It fit the meat perfectly and held together to the end. The burger was very tasty and would merit a repeat visit.

Another in my party ordered the Cobb Salad. I didn't taste it, but it sure looked like a lot of food. If you're looking for a side to feed 4-6 people, you could get the salad and divvy it up.

1  Thank NETexasTraveller

Been to The Grease Monkey? Share your experiences!