“Best pizza in DFW”
Review of Gino's East

Gino's East
Ranked #157 of 866 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Description: Long-running chain serving Chicago-style deep-dish & thin-crust pizzas, plus Italian comfort fare. Deep Dish in the Heart of Texas!
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Wanted to show my Ukrainian friend what "real" pizza was like... but where to find it in Texas? I was excited to see that a Gino's East had landed here, straight from Chi-town! So we were off on our adventure and definitely met all expectations.

We ordered the Chi-talion Stallion deep dish which was HOT from the oven, and our server put the first pieces on plates for us. It was also super-spicy, so beware if that is not what you're looking for. It was loaded with meat, crunchy celery, sweet and lots of jalapeno peppers. Plenty of cheese underneath and a thick crust. REAL CHICAGO PIZZA. Thank God.

As an added bonus, they were playing classic rock that was not too loud, and the walls are brick with photos and graffiti all over them, so the ambiance was also "REAL CHICAGO." We didn't etch our names into history, but the whole scene is worth the drive and the pizza is worth waiting for ~ absolutely the best in DFW. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I'm born and raised in Chicago and have been dying for good pizza now that I am in Texas. So after a long hike, I was very happy to accept my wife's invitation to grab pizza and a beer at Gino's East, a Chicago institution.

We walked in on a Sunday evening and it was fairly empty. After being seated, our waiter asked if we've been there before and reminded us that if we order a deep dish pizza, it takes a lot longer to arrive than a traditional thin crust. Of course, we knew that and placed our order for the medium sized Meaty Legend, which featured sausage, pepperoni, canadian bacon, etc.

We also ordered a beer and a mixed drink.

The server brought out our water and lemon with a smile, but the other beverages were very slow in arriving. To his defense, they looked understaffed which explains the slow delivery.

Once the pizza was served, it was (as expected) very good although not as hot as I would have imagined coming right out of the oven. I suspect that it may have sat there for a while because our server didn't deliver it to the table, another employee did. It wasn't a deal breaker, but tainted the experience a bit.

The second round of adult beverages came out faster and we went on our way.

The food was very good and compared to the other pizza offerings in north Texas, it was world class! The service was only fair which did actually impact my overall score. I would give it a 3.5 out of 5, but a 4+ on the food.

All told, it was $55 for two mixed drinks, two pints of Sam Adams Seasonal and a medium Meaty Legend. I have the server a $10 tip bringing the total to $65. For those that think that is spendy for pizza, please remember that this is a deep dish pizza.....it is like eating TWO pizzas at once!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

In town visiting and got a couple pizzas to take back to the room. It was very good, not stingy with the toppings, crust was excellent. Only negative thing to say is it was a little on the expensive side-- $50 for 2 large pizzas-- and we didn't even have that many toppings.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We eat he almost every time we come to the area. Sports bar like atmosphere with good attentive service. Pizza is always very good and consistent.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Food was delish. The deep dish pizza, the thin crust pizza (yum-mee), the Italian beef sandwich and the chicken pesto sandwich. Everything was very good. The appetizers, the calamari was a little rubbery and tasteless, the spinach sticks were ok and the Brussels Sprouts were ok. Would definitely irritate visit again if in town but probably wouldn't order appetizers.

Been to Gino's East? Share your experiences!