“Nice atmosphere and options for private dining”

The Grove Wine Bar & Kitchen - Westlake
Ranked #110 of 4,188 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Grove Wine Bar & Kitchen is Austin's finest casual restaurant where Austinites and visitors can enjoy great wine and food in our inviting dining room or on our expansive patio surrounded by oak trees.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was with a large group and they kindly found a large private area for us (requested in advance). The food catered to a large rang of tastes and the wine was excellent. I had short ribs, which were about 8" long or more, but hey, I guess it is Texas and nothing is short. The service was solid.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Granduca hotel - disappointing and dull!
No transportation available despite being offered as a service, so I had to drive, there is no walkable restaurant.

Nearest eatery was The Grove Winebar, what a fantastic choice.
Packed with loads of atmosphere. Eat inside or outside.
Great choice of wine and bruschetta starters varied and delicious.
I had salmon and my wife the meatballs. All washed down with a bottle of Chenin Blanc.
Our visit to The Grove saved the day after the hotel.

Thank you TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Had Sunday brunch at the Grove with family after church - the inside is smallish and quant, however, they have a large outside seating area. The menu is not large - but we ordered a variety of entrees from breakfast (hash, eggs, etc) to lunch (thai noodles, hamburgers, soups) AND EVERYONE left happy with their choices. Don't miss this place if you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I went for breakfast. The food is delicious and presented beautifully. I had a vegetarian breakfast with eggs, avocado, cheese and potatoes. I would have it again, loved it!!! The mamosa bar is dynamite!!! Great variety of juice choices for the mamosas. My favorite was the pomegranate, fabulous!!! The atmosphere is hip, just great. The service is superb. I will be going back.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I met some folks from out of town for a business dinner at this location, at their request.

We were a party of four and it took forever for our waiter to take our order. Once we had ordered we sat back and waited. After 20-25 minutes the bruschetta was delivered and it was nice but the orders were small.

Another 1/2 an hour wait and the food was delivered. Two of the four dishes were cold (steak salad and Bolgnese) and the other two (both fish) got a "so-so" rating from the diners.

I'll encourage the next person who asks me to meet them here to find a different spot since my guests were quite disappointed.

Been to The Grove Wine Bar & Kitchen - Westlake? Share your experiences!