All reviews full kitchen happy hour apartment complex living room highland mall quiet hours community college salt water pool bit dated breakfast room free breakfast fresh fruit hot breakfast minute drive downtown austin stove units
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Staff was wonderful and accomodating! We had a 2 room unit and it was fantastic. Clean, spacious and decorated nicely! This hotel has breakfast every morning where you can order an omelette, scrambled eggs, etc. They also have a happy hour every evening from 5-7 and give you a nice selection of finger food and either a can/bottle of beer or glass of wine. They ask people to respect a 3 drink maximum. It's so great, we didn't spend a ton of time at the hotel but the time we did was very pleasant! We will be back on our next trip to Austin.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Very clean, hotel staff respect your privacy and are very friendly. The hotel is very earth friendly (in a good way) not over bearing. Rooms are a bit old fashioned, but clean and the beds are new and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Easy access to highways and surrounding restaurants etc...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

When checking in the staff was great. Full of information & friendly. The room was dated (I couldn't work the microwave if I tried) & the air conditioner was tired- but it would do or so I thought. I know they say everything is bigger in Texas - but being from Colorado I was not expecting a cockroach almost the size of a dollar bill to drop from the kitchen cabinet to be considered 'normal'. At least that's what I was told by Glenda at the front desk when I told her my issue and wanted a refund for my prepaid stay. She rudely explained that 'roaches' are 'normal' for their property this time of year. What?! Not where I come from lady & I'm surely not taking any home with me. After holding my ground with her & firmly telling her she should make that clear to her guests - just in case they are of similar opinion & have a problem with it - she agreed to call the manager for a refund. She called me about 15 minutes later and non-so graciously agreed to give me one. Don't do it travelers - with the layout of the rooms it could be similar to the movie Joe's Apartment.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Amber V
Heidi G, General Manager at Habitat Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Hello Amber, we want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am saddened and deeply apologetic to hear of how the situation was handled, and I wish to assure you that Habitat Suites maintains high standards of cleanliness and conducts routine protocol to help prevent pests. I wish to therefore emphasize that your experience regarding the pest incident is certainly not a normal one, and should have been met with more urgency and understanding. We value our guests deeply and strive for excellent customer service. We would never expect you to be okay nor comfortable with that kind of experience, and I apologize if this was the impression that was given by a member of our staff. Despite the incident, we were happy to hear you had a friendly and great check-in experience.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

We stayed in Austin for 2 nights and chose the Habitat Suites based on reviews. This place seems to have been an apartment complex in its former life. All the units surround the pool and the lovely landscaped grounds. A wonderful cooked breakfast and a cocktail hour were included in the price. The 1 BR unit we had was spacious and clean with a living space and bedroom. There was a self-serve laundry room which was great for us since we were on an extended road trip. The decor is straight out of the 80s but everything worked and was spotless.
The location is a bit north of the city and the surrounding area is a bit dreary but we spent our time downtown so this wasn't an issue. We took an uber-type cab downtown for about $15 so we didn't have to deal with finding parking during ACL.
This place is great. It is not the Ritz and they don't pretend it is. It is a great option for groups and families looking for a quite place to unwind and relax.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

After a long day of travelling, this was a great place to relax and get some peace and quiet. I must admit, when we turned off the main road towards the hotel, we were worried it would be run down as it is next to some offices of some sort but we needn't have feared as as soon as we got to reception you knew you were somewhere nice. The reception staff were friendly and welcoming. Our rooms were lovely. It felt like being in a fancy one bed flat rather than a hotel. We had an open plan kitchen/lounge area, bedroom with loads of storage space & a good sized bathroom. The hotel is not walking distance to any shops or restaurants but I think that's what adds to the charm of being somewhere quiet & relaxing. Breakfast was made-to-order. Bearing in mind, my husband and I are meat eaters, there was no meat for breakfast but we did not miss it at all. The food was fresh & filled us up. We were very satisfied with what we got & couldn't have asked for anything better than what we got. Big thumbs up to the chef. He was really friendly & chatted to us all. You can tell he loves his job. Overall, we loved this place & would definitely come back when we return to USA

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple