“Expensive tacos, not at all original, rude signs everywhere to clean up after yourself”
Review of Velvet Taco

Velvet Taco
Get food delivered
Ranked #247 of 3,975 Restaurants in Austin
Description: Velvet Taco is a temple to the liberated taco. We're a one-of-a-kind taco concept serving premium food in a unique & funky fast-casual setting.
Reviewed 2 June 2021

A cheeseburger taco. Sounds interesting until you see its half a beef patty, pickles, onion and lettuce. BORING. The tacos are pricey for Austin standards. You need at least three for a meal. I was offended by the signs everywhere that said "This ain't your mama's house, clean up after yourself". My mama knows how to make tacos. My mama would never be that rude. My mama would be ashamed of charging such high prices and then being rude about it. There are too many wonderful tacos in Austin to settle for mediocre, expensive, un-original, tasteless, tacos. Don't go. Walk on by. Go to a food truck. I never go to Taco Bell but they are better.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed 30 May 2021

Tacos were great and of different verity. Even for vegetarian like me they had four different options and they were filling.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 30 April 2021

You can review my previous reviews as they are 5/5 for this place. Still love the food, but now you are serving coke products. Thanks but no thanks! Coke did virtually nothing for voter suppression in their home state. I will not drink that... plus now I will have to decide if its really worth it to visit your place

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank Divebabydive
Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

I really enjoyed the tacos. We got shrimp and grits, chicken and waffle, the Korean Fried rice, the picnic and the rotisserie chicken. The picnic and the rotisserie chicken were good, but didn’t compare to the other three. They were so good!!!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank jmho3
Reviewed 5 January 2021

The music selection really is amazing, the place is spacious and the prices are alright. The amount of vegetables and cheap toppings on the tacos are plain ridiculous, the protein on them should actually taste a little bit more.

Date of visit: December 2020