“One of my best experiences!”
Review of La Hacienda Resort

La Hacienda Resort
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I have stayed in two separate cottages here, and I can say without hesitation that the facilities are well-maintained and comfortable. The privacy afforded with a cottage certainly beats a hotel, not to mention you get a fully stocked kitchen with everything you need (minus food) to make meals. I had plenty of hot water, good climate control, and a very, very comfortable sleep in both of the cottages. Everything was sparkling clean, and the linens and towels were fresh and high-quality.

In addition, the staff is absolutely wonderful and kind. I never met anyone rude, but rather I marveled at how happy and upbeat everyone seemed, always willing to help. The manager, Norma, especially goes above and beyond in her duties.

The RV sites are clean and well-maintained. Even though there are some permanent residents, nowhere in the park looks trashy. If anything, their flags and planters improve the overall appearance. People take pride in their park, and it shows. The amenities (two pools, fitness center, two laundries) are well-maintained and clean.

There are a lot of social activities for long-term residents, as well as short-timers. While I was there, they had a breakfast, a social hour with doughnuts and coffee, and a karaoke night with snacks. They also do special holiday events, like corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day. There is a strong spirit of community here, and everyone embraces newcomers as well as their old friends.

I will not hesitate to stay here any time I am in Austin. It is a bit far from downtown, but it's so peaceful and charming, not to mention just minutes from Lake Travis!

Room Tip: Cottages without units behind them offer maximum privacy
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 March 2017

After spending an extended amount of time at La Hacienda RV Park in various cottages, I have to say it is a great place to stay for anyone who is looking for a convenient, but quiet and peaceful, location close to Austin. There are so many places to hike, bike and bird close by or within an hour of the RV park. Shopping, an eclectic assortment of restaurants and various public and community services are conveniently available. If you prefer to go into Austin for fun or services it is only a 30-45 min drive downtown. (The views are unbelievable on the various routes to your destination. So don't forget to enjoy them!) There is such a positive vibe in this RV park and the surrounding area that it is a pleasure to nest here while vacationing, visiting family or even recuperating after surgery. Both Danette Rountree & Manager Norma went out-of-their-way to help me find suitable accommodations when I needed to go to Austin VA for treatment. Many thanks to both of them for helping make my life much more comfortable!

Room Tip: The cottages are spread throughout the RV park, among the spots for RVs. Any location is great!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nelsonthree
Reviewed 6 January 2017

We stayed at La Hacienda in December 2016. The park is very clean and well run. The sites are large and well laid out. They also have a really nice gym. The staff was extremely friendly-especially Norma, Danette, and Linda!
My wife and I highly recommend this park!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We made the jump to "full-time" RV ers, and sold our house but had a few months to finish up on our day jobs. Thankfully, I had pre-reserved a few months at Hacienda- what a great park and a great introduction to the RV lifestyle.

The grounds are immaculate, with resort style amenities like two pools (family and adult) a gym with new, pristine exercise equipment, two laundry, shower facilities and just an all around great staff of people. While quite a few people are permanent residents, everyone keeps their RV up to date and their yards pretty and green. The other residents we met were so nice as well.The only negative I can come up with is the free wifi, it really stinks, you can pay for upgraded wifi (which we did) and it was better, but not too consistent. (this is a small issue overall). We can't wait to return next year.. almost sad that this was our FIRST experience because I am afraid everything else will not compare!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

A wonderful RV resort to stay, very friendly, helpful staff, very attentive. Naomi was so good with our reservations making sure we didn't have to move to another site. Lots to see in the area, very convenient to shops, restaurants and grocery. Wi-fi was a bit aggravating, but I have experienced that at all RV parks. Will definitely stay here again. Laundry and bath houses were very well kept. Grounds were spotless.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
7.2 km away
1.2 km away
Vintage Villas Hotel
Vintage Villas Hotel
#6 of 41 in Austin

Been to La Hacienda Resort? Share your experiences!