Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
  • Restaurant
W Austin(Austin)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscenter for the performing artsgreat ratebed was comfortablehotel is in a great locationwhataburgerstovebat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is well located, clean and adequate. But to market it as extended stay is a stretch. There is a refrigerator, microwave and cooktop, but NO COFFEE MAKER and not a single utensil, pot or pan. Makes it difficult to use any of the appliances. Shower head didn’t even deliver enough water to warm the bathroom; forget about getting the soap off.

There were a lot of people loitering about the parking lot when we arrived which made for a slightly uncomfortable feeling.

Grab and go “breakfast” is coffee (with no milk, only artificial creamer) and oatmeal package with hot water.

Price was the lowest in the area so that was good.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Kevin, thanks for evaluating your stay. We are glad to read you had an overall pleasant and liked some aspects of our hotel. However, we are sorry you were unhappy with our breakfast offering and regret the inconvenience caused by our dishware policy. We would like to inform you that to ensure cleanliness of kitchenware upon check-in, brand standards require us to make these items available at the front desk rather than leaving them in the suites. Your feedback will be shared with our Brand Leaders to assist them when determining new breakfast offerings for future implementation. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your future visit to our city.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We checked in to the hotel to find dirty beds filled with crumbs. There was also crumbs all over the floor even in the bathroom. When we reported the cleanliness issue the staff said the only thing that would be done was to change sheets... they came a few minutes later with sheets and left. Not a huge deal but paying nearly $300 for an extended stay it would have been nice for staff to change out sheets for us. Morning shower was also cold we were getting almost no hot water. We also got very little sleep as the wall are paper thin we could hear everything from neighboring rooms and people partying at all hours of the night it was really frustrating.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Maria, thank you for being our guest. We are sorry you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us, and please accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. Our respective team members are taking steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We regret the inconvenience caused and truly hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are committed to providing outstanding service.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Everyone on the staff is very very accommodating--too many to name but they know who they are! I would definitely comeback to stay at this very convenient to downtown location. Originally I chose this hotel for its proximity to work, and was pleasantly surprised to find it is ideal for relaxing on the weekend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We are glad to know our location was perfect for your needs and that you were very much impressed with the top-notch service provided by our associates. It was a pleasure serving you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The staff at this hotel was very accommodating and nice, but the hotel is run down and needs to be renovated. The shower handle did not stay in one place -- I didn't report this but figured out how to get it to work but that shouldn't happen. My sink wasn't clean when I got there. But as I said the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Berlin, thank you for choosing our hotel. We are happy to read you had an overall good stay and liked the service provided by our entire team. However, we are sorry we missed meeting some of your expectations and regret the inconvenience caused. We have discussed your feedback with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure this doesn't happen again. We appreciate your suggestion, and we invite you to visit us again for a much better experience.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I booked a 4 day stay at this hotel. I had a quote for the stay that was within my per deim. When I checked out I noticed I was charged too much for the last two nights. When I brought it to staff attention I was asked for proof that I had reserved the room at a lower rate. Thank God I keep the copy of the reservation. It took two hours to correct the mistake. I received a call at the airport telling me the mistake was corrected. The staff was professional and, for the most part, friendly. I was charged for housekeeping but did not receive housekeeping the first day. I reported it but just noticed the extra charge was not taken off my bill. Further no one even told me that housekeeping is an extra charge. I reread the reservation and it is stated in these papers, but who reads all that stuff? Not a fan of Extended Stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JSW33
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

We understand your frustration and regret the inconvenience it caused. However, we are happy that our staff did their best to accommodate you. Nonetheless, we have discussed your comments with our team, and we have altered our procedures so this does not happen again. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make this up to you on a future stay.