“The hotel is full of drug dealers and LADYS OF THE EVENING people in and out of the motel all night long.”

Studio 6 Austin Northwest
Ranked #183 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 6 July 2015

This is not a place to bring a family.
Our room was dirty and had roaches.
There were lots of police responding to calls here all the time.
THE MANAGER JAN TYLER appears to be intoxicated when we asked about ABOUT CHANGING ROOMS. JAN TYLER IS A VERY RUDE PERSON!
AVERY DIRTY AND DANGEROUS PLACE.

Room Tip: STAY away from this motel!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Si fu J
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Studio 6 Austin Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear Si,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Very noisy. The walls are thin and not very insulated so you hear everything. My neighbors brought three large dogs to stay and that was ok with the hotel. My bathroom was not very clean, I found a lot of dark hairs on my towels. The Wi-Fi is not fast enough for video. The rates are skyrocketing in Austin so everyone thinks they can overcharge you. This was a real waste.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank mame25
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Our room was one of the most disgusting and moldy smelling that I've ever stayed in. The carpet was damp and wet and dirty. The bed spreads look like they were from the 80's. Hiding under the pillow cases, the pillows were literally brown and yellow and had all kinds of filth on them! I tried airing out the room by waving the door open and close to no avail. There was also black mould growing on the closet railing. The room was dark and very depressing. The bathroom tile was also damp and moldy. I normally would not have written a review because I'm use Motel 6 every chance I can. But even my wife said I needed to do this. She said she did not sleep at all because the air was so bad. For $20 more you can get a great clean room at many other places. I really feel like I got ripped off. Yeah I should have asked for a room change but we got in late and we were so tired. To top it off some homeless drunk lady tried to come in our room when I was hopelessly trying to air it out. Hopefully they will completely renovate this place soon.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank 56003Richard
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Austin Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear 56003Richard,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but the overall rating of this place makes it out to be a toilet - that wasn't my experience at all. Maybe we benefited from having one of the corner units; perhaps they're in better condition or more spacious, or whatever; but our week long stay was for the most part uneventful.

I like the atmosphere of this place - sort of secluded, plenty of trees and foliage; it has a certain "residential" feel to it. It's certainly one of the nicer Motel 6 properties around; probably the best I've stayed at.

On the negative side, the internet service is pretty subpar. It's cheap ($5/week) but I'd be willing to pay more for reliable and fast (21st century style).

Rudy's BBQ is real close - that's a big plus.

Room Tip: Rooms in the corner are a bit pricier but larger and in better condition, I suspect.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Creeb
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed for 4 weeks at this long term motel and I have a very good experience, the staff is always prompt to answer all my questions and solve them instantly, this is an inexpensive hotel with good accommodations, specially I will like to name two staff members and thank them for their attention and good attitude, Alex and Jeremiah keep the good work

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business