“Convenient Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Ranked #49 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 10 February 2017

I am a Hilton Honors member and I stayed here for 4 nights for a business trip.

My room had a musty smell to it as if somebody had smoked in it recently and tried to cover it with air freshener. There was also a constant mechanical hum coming from somewhere in the hallway. It was annoying if the room was quiet. The mattress in the room was extremely comfortable and the room was spacious. The wi-fi was pretty slow, which I find to be standard for most hotels at this price point. My last morning there, I had breakfast in the lobby downstairs. The breakfast was mediocre and you're probably better off going offsite for breakfast if wasn't part of your room rate. The hotel is very conveniently located to many of the tech companies in the area.

I had a very strange experience with the cleaning the staff on the last full day I was at the hotel. The first two days of cleaning service were fine: the room was cleaned well and I had no complaints. When I returned to the hotel on my last night there, the cleaning staff had completely rearranged all my belongings in the bathroom and on the cabinet with the refrigerator and coffee maker. When the cleaning staff rearranged my belongings in the bathroom, they threw out a vial of expensive prescription eye drops when they rearranged everything. When I reported what had happened to the front desk staff, I was met with a very apathetic "Oh. That's odd." No apology. I strongly suggested that they speak to the cleaning staff about not rearranging their guests' belongings and to not presume on what can and cannot be thrown away. The front desk staff simply said "Oh," again. A simple apology would have gone a long way in this instance.

Room Tip: Very comfortable mattresses
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. So glad that you found the bed so comfortable. I appreciate you letting me know about your missing eye drops. I will be sure to follow up with our housekeeping department on proper protocol on guests items.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I'm a Hilton Honors member. Stayed here for three days. Easy on and off from highway with a few restaurants within walking distance. 15-20 drive to the heart of Austin. The three front desk employees I met were very helpful, kind and outgoing. The breakfast omelette prepared was very good along with the service. My room was cleaned and serviced neatly everyday. The fitness room is well equipped. Modern hotel. Clean. Quiet. Comfortable rooms. Excellent service. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. We really appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to having your return on your next trip.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Hotel was very clean and had the amenities I have come to expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. Nice homey touch with fruit flavored water in the lobby. I definitely planning to stay here again next time I am in the Austin area.

Stayed: May 2016

We really take pride in having one of the cleanest hotels in Austin. We really appreciate you recognizing my team's efforts to make sure you have the best accommodations. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying here as was visiting new soon to be Texan relatives in Austin. Wife loved the decor and painting within the room. Staff was very hospitable and located within heart of good restaurants!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

We look forward to having you stay with us many times as you visit your newly Texan relatives. Great city, great food, and now you have a great place to stay. See you next time.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Conveniently located to Arboretum, Domain
Very comfortable and well equipped room for the price
No complaints
Free coffee in room
Pappasitos restaurant right in front, walkable,
many other restaurants in area short driving distance

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Glad you were able to enjoy the newest restaurant in NW Austin. Pappadeaux's is right next door and they do a great job. Thanks for staying with us.