“Good coffee and friendly staff”
Review of Houndstooth Coffee

Houndstooth Coffee
Ranked #24 of 121 Coffee & Tea in Austin
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We stopped by Houndstooth twice during our visit to Austin. It was very convenient to Tacodeli. I found the staff to be very friendly and interested in making conversation while they prepared our coffee. I would like it even more if there was liquid cane syrup as a sweetener for iced coffee.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

A nice place for a coffee and according to the latest fashion, some wine and snacks. Yes, we know the leader, but the competition is showing the success of the brand. The key is on the location. Has to be not too close, but also, not too far from another coffee shop. And Free WiFi of course. And, please, do not forget the coffee. In this case, a very good one. The baristas, so important profession, are friendly and fast in they delivery.
Yes, a very good place to have a coffee... and with good WiFi.

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Workers are friendly and kind. The tea is on point :) I love that a small tea pot comes along with the order! I had black tea and loved it!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Houndstooth was absolutely my favorite Austin coffee shop several years ago. The crew is great and super-professional and know how to pull an espresso shot better than anyone else in the city, among the best in the US. They rotate bean selection regularly, which is fun from a learning perspective, but some of the suppliers and choices tend to be a bit under-roasted, so you are at the mercy of the bean du jour. I always go for the most basic Italian roast, if available, which is delicious. The downside, as many mention, is seating space, which I don't think would be a problem, except that, for a couple of years now, the place has become hip-central, so way too many cool-types (not Austin-cool...more like tech-cool) monopolizing tables and chairs, using the wifi with their Macbook Air's as their office, nursing some coffee drink and shushing people who might want to have a normal conversation...ugh...I tend to stay home more and fire up my own espresso machine.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Most of us dart into a coffee shop we trust, grab the java and head out. Others go for a social scene or business meeting. Here is a what I would call a Coffee Emporium!
This place is on N Lamar across from Central Market. Houndstooth Coffee intends you to not only enjoy your java but also the whole experience of being served by pros who want you to know they are pros and will get it right. While I just wanted 2 coffee/ espresso drinks in a hurry to go, it really was fun to watch the decked out crew in their leather aprons working hard to be a great team and to deliver great coffee. While the store layout was not for me, I really did like the overall concept and focus on excellence!
Parking is a bear or even nightmare however as this coffee shop and adjacent taco shop pack the lot due to their success and popularity.

Been to Houndstooth Coffee? Share your experiences!