“Coffee Snob”

Houndstooth Coffee
Ranked #21 of 121 Coffee & Tea in Austin
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed 12 March 2016

You could say I'm a little bit of a coffee snob and it takes a lot of impress me. This was my first visit to Houndstooth Coffee and from the moment I walked into the building I was greeted with a friendly hello & helped immediately. The barista working (who I wish I knew his name) was extremely knowledgeable of their coffee and whipped up an espresso over ice. The coffee was delicious & the staff was friendly. Favorite coffee in Austin.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We stopped by Houndstooth twice during our visit to Austin. It was very convenient to Tacodeli. I found the staff to be very friendly and interested in making conversation while they prepared our coffee. I would like it even more if there was liquid cane syrup as a sweetener for iced coffee.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

A nice place for a coffee and according to the latest fashion, some wine and snacks. Yes, we know the leader, but the competition is showing the success of the brand. The key is on the location. Has to be not too close, but also, not too far from another coffee shop. And Free WiFi of course. And, please, do not forget the coffee. In this case, a very good one. The baristas, so important profession, are friendly and fast in they delivery.
Yes, a very good place to have a coffee... and with good WiFi.

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Workers are friendly and kind. The tea is on point :) I love that a small tea pot comes along with the order! I had black tea and loved it!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Houndstooth was absolutely my favorite Austin coffee shop several years ago. The crew is great and super-professional and know how to pull an espresso shot better than anyone else in the city, among the best in the US. They rotate bean selection regularly, which is fun from a learning perspective, but some of the suppliers and choices tend to be a bit under-roasted, so you are at the mercy of the bean du jour. I always go for the most basic Italian roast, if available, which is delicious. The downside, as many mention, is seating space, which I don't think would be a problem, except that, for a couple of years now, the place has become hip-central, so way too many cool-types (not Austin-cool...more like tech-cool) monopolizing tables and chairs, using the wifi with their Macbook Air's as their office, nursing some coffee drink and shushing people who might want to have a normal conversation...ugh...I tend to stay home more and fire up my own espresso machine.

Been to Houndstooth Coffee? Share your experiences!