1,544 results
All reviews texas chili parlor underground parking great hotel walking distance rooftop pool fifth floor ceiling fan capital building would definitely stay here again free breakfast king suite room key corner room fresh fruit front desk staff wonderful stay oatmeal
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Hotel was exactly what we expected. The staff was friendly and efficient. I booked a different hotel for our second night in Austin in order to be downtown and wished we had stayed in the Hampton. It was quiet and walkable to capitol and some nice restaurants. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Dear LisasValparaiso,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your review and see that we met your expectations. We will work harder to earn that 5 circle score. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Great service, especially from the new PT Breakfast Host/FD attendant. Gotta give a shout out to the Night Auditor as well, who was almost too friendly for that time of morning (just kidding!)-- but he explained the breakfast bags to my companion with a smile on his face.

Floor layout is labyrinth-like, as the middle portion of each floor are interior rooms, which I had. Not a drawback, just something I have not experienced (if want to experience a place from your window then you are in the wrong city).

Hampton bedding never lets me down, and the bathroom is nicer than any of my homes I've lived in.

RFID keys, so no problems with your typical magnetic ones. This adds a layer of security to the elevators as well, which won't go up without a room key.

Thanks for the stay!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear Weston S,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that you had a "nice" stay. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 7 October 2015

The staff at this hotel were very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. My room looked cleaned, smelled cleaned, and spacious. The breakfast was very good in that there were different items to choose from. I will recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Danny S,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that you had an "excellent stay" with us. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 7 October 2015

Nice location. Good restaurants close by. Very quiet nights sleep. Absolutely wonderful except for one thing. The bathroom light worked when it wanted to. The first night there the light didn't work so we carried a lamp in there to be able to see. The next morning we went downstairs to get someone to look at the overhead light in the bathroom. Well it was working when he came up so nothing to see. On our way out for the day, it stopped working. Finally, when we got back that night and I thought to myself I wonder if the light is going to work tonight...lol...so funny...it came on for five seconds and then went out. We moved the lamp back to the bathroom and laughed.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Lretta42,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you had a "good stay"! I was disappointed to hear about your light challenges. We will fix, thank you for your ability to look at it as humorous, it is refreshing. We were delighted to have you stay with us!

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I was amazingly surprised at the high quality stay I had at this Hampton Inn. It was near perfect in every way. Rooms were terrific, staff, the best , parking easy and accessible to government buildings and U of Texas. A salute to the folks at the desk as they were helpful, kind, thoughtful and best over backwards to please everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms were great and quite spacious. Room faced west and was lovely
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Dear Judyjetson,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff on tripadvisor. We loved having you stay with us. We look forward to your next "future" visit to Austin!