“Food was OK service was very good”

Threadgill's World Headquarters
Ranked #224 of 4,068 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Description: Howdy strangers and neighbors, Welcome to Threadgill's. We hope to have something for everyone. Scroll around and find out the daily food specials, who is playing live at either location and order our cookbook, t-shirts or other merchandise. You can plan to have your next party, business meeting or rehearsal dinner surrounded by great food and hospitality at Threadgill's. Check out the menu for eating in, take out or catering. If you are so inclined you can read about our history and contribution to Austin's great food and music scene. Enjoy, and we'll see you soon!
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Had an early dinner before the bat viewing cruise, this location is great for that. This was my first time, my son recommended it. The service was very good, i asked the wait person about the liver and onions, in my whole life only Luby's cafeteria has been able to properly serve liver and onions, she stated it was one of their best items. She was wrong, the liver was over done and the only thing that saved it was the bacon and gravy with added hot sauce. I need to stick with Luby's. The burgers and fries were good and the chicken salads were good.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This 1930’s gas station is well worth a detour, if not for it’s food, then for the music and it’s Janis Joplin memoriabilia. Janis Joplin started her career here.

The music is very nice and sometimes old hippie patrons mount the stage to play a song.

The food is OK, but not great. My friends BBQ chicken was - as often - too smokey and my cajun catfish had to thick layer of crust.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I really like Threadgill's, but on my last visit I had their red beans and rice and it really fell flat -- as in hardly any kind of taste except bland. Maybe just a little spice would help.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Had high expectations but we were sorely disappointed. Chicken fried steak was bland and the Friday special, King Ranch Chicken was just a pile of mushy tortillas with just a few bites of chicken. The margaritas were good though!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Threadgill's has been around longer than I can remember, and is a fabulous venue to catch some of the Austin blues and sound that it is so famous for. Get there early so you can get close to the stage. We did not eat here, probably better to eat somewhere else as the line for the stage forms right by the restaurant.