“Great food and service as always!”

Threadgill's World Headquarters
Ranked #223 of 4,046 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Description: Howdy strangers and neighbors, Welcome to Threadgill's. We hope to have something for everyone. Scroll around and find out the daily food specials, who is playing live at either location and order our cookbook, t-shirts or other merchandise. You can plan to have your next party, business meeting or rehearsal dinner surrounded by great food and hospitality at Threadgill's. Check out the menu for eating in, take out or catering. If you are so inclined you can read about our history and contribution to Austin's great food and music scene. Enjoy, and we'll see you soon!
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Stopped in for a late lunch with my granddaughters on a recent visit to Austin. I always try to eat at Threadgill's when I am in Austin. They have a great selection of entrees, but I usually get the five item vegetable plate, since it is difficult to find restaurants with a great selection of delicious veggies.. The entrees that I have eaten are always good and the rolls and cornbread are too tempting for those not accustomed to them. It is easy to sate your appetite with the fresh rolls before the main courses arrives, as one of my granddaughters discovered.

Sandra W, Manager at Threadgill's World Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Excellent daily specials, some a tad spicy for my Midwestern palate. Quality service as well as quick. Another iconic location in Austin, we visit annually with daughter and son in law. Fried green tomatoes!!!

Thank you!!!
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Ate here on a recent trip to Austin because my husband was interested in the history of the place. We both tried the "world famous" chicken fried steak, but it did not taste all that great. Overall, the food was "OK", but nothing spectacular in my opinion. Also, seemed a little over priced for a meal that was just "decent".

If you find something that you don’t like ask your server for help.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Had an early dinner before the bat viewing cruise, this location is great for that. This was my first time, my son recommended it. The service was very good, i asked the wait person about the liver and onions, in my whole life only Luby's cafeteria has been able to properly serve liver and onions, she stated it was one of their best items. She was wrong, the liver was over done and the only thing that saved it was the bacon and gravy with added hot sauce. I need to stick with Luby's. The burgers and fries were good and the chicken salads were good.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This 1930’s gas station is well worth a detour, if not for it’s food, then for the music and it’s Janis Joplin memoriabilia. Janis Joplin started her career here.

The music is very nice and sometimes old hippie patrons mount the stage to play a song.

The food is OK, but not great. My friends BBQ chicken was - as often - too smokey and my cajun catfish had to thick layer of crust.